No Man\'s Sky
Hello Games has rolled out a 35MB update for its sci-fi sim No Man's Sky and published the full patch notes for its PC patches released so far Hello Games

Although the launch of Hello Games' highly-anticipated space exploration adventure No Man's Sky may not have been the most flawless, the UK-based development team has been quick to address and patch some of the major technical issues plaguing the sci-fi sim. In a post on Steam, the team has revealed that it plans to release "at least one more major update" which will enter testing on Monday (22 August) after finishing work on it over the weekend.

Prior to the "major" upcoming update, the team says it has been "incredibly busy" since the PC version's launch, gathering and addressing support requests received so far in addition to tracking players' posts on Steam, Reddit, GoG and other platforms.

"Right now the team is fully focused on categorising and fixing support issues in order of priority, based on the number of people they are affecting," the developer wrote. "The information and crash dumps you've posted have been indispensable in helping us track down and fix these issues."

The developer has also rolled out a rather small 35 MB 1.05 update for the console. Although the team has not released the patch notes for the latest update so far, some PS4 users have taken to Reddit to note some of the changes they have noticed while exploring the game's massive universe.

Reddit user GurpsWibcheengs said the update does seem to fix its Discovery menu bug that causes the game to crash while it loads. Meanwhile, another user called Wild-Weaasel noted that the update also fixes the issue with saving a game that could not be saved if you loaded a previously saved game.

"For some reason, interacting with certain objects is possible at a couple of feet away now instead of walking straight up to it," the user noted. "Not sure if this is related to the patch. Fauna and flora discoveries load slower for me if I load a second page but no big deal."

However, user Rinteln said that the new update has caused walking to become less smooth. Nomansnoticed, on the other hand, said the game's height and weight issues have not been fixed yet.

Some users in a different Reddit post said that after the update, they can now look around the ship a little bit more.

Hello Games has also published the patch notes for the three different PC patches that have been released so far that have addressed several issues including stuttering framerate, multiple crashes and the game failing to save until players have died in the game.

"We've now released 3 patches, and hopefully they really improve the experience for everybody," Hello Games wrote.

"As you can see it's been a huge amount of work for a small team. We appreciate your patience and understanding."

The developer also noted that once the team has addressed all of the support requests received so far, they will begin work on introducing new features to improve the game. So far, the team says it has addressed about 70% of its current support requests and is currently working on the remaining 30%.

Prior to the sci-fi sim's release, Hello Games founder and creative director Sean Murray said the development team plans to add the ability to build bases and own giant space freighters, hinting that some major changes could be introduced to the game through future updates.

The complete patch notes for the three recently released patches for the game's PC version have been published on Steam.

No Man's Sky is out now for PS4 and PC.