Samsung has released a new stock firmware update with build number P5100XXDN1 based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for the 3G + Wi-Fi version of the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (GT-P5100). The latest firmware build is available for the Galaxy Tab users in Nordic countries over Samsung Kies as well as OTA update.
Version: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
Build date: 4 January
Region: Nordic countries
Those users who reside outside Nordic countries and wish to install P5100XXDNA1 Android 4.2.2 on their Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, may follow our step-by-step guide. The P5100XXDNA1 build is an unbranded version of firmware and can be installed on any unlocked GT-P5100 unit, regardless of country and region.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device. Before installing the stock firmware, users are advised to verify their devices meet following requirements.
1) Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 to connect the Android device with the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on tablet to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>> About tablet. Tap on Build Number several times until a message appears saying 'You are now a Developer.' Now go to Settings>> Developer Options to enable USB Debugging Mode.]
3) As the tutorial is likely to wipe out all data of the tablet, create a backup. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as CWM or, TWRP then backup data using the same.
4) If the Android device powers off due to lack of battery while the installation process, it could damage the device. Therefore, the Galaxy Tab should have charge above 80% battery charge.
5) The device should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
6) The tablet will lose custom ROM with the installation of official firmware. Also, the custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
7) The device will no longer belong to a rooted version with the installation of official firmware.
8) P5100XXDNA1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware works only with Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5100. As flashing this on any other variant might brick the device, verify the model number of Galaxy tab y navigating to Settings>> About tablet>> Model number.
How to install P5100XXDNA1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Step-2: Extract the downloaded firmware zip using winrar/7zip/winzip or any other extracting tool to get a .tar.md5 file with few other files, which are optional
Step-3: Download Odin v3.07 and extract it to get Odin3 v3.07.exe with some other files
Step-4: Switch off Galaxy Tab
Step-5: Boot the tablet into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power buttons together until a construction Android robot icon with a warning triangle appears on the screen. Now press the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode
Step-6: Run Odin3 v3.07.exe as Administrator [To do so, right click on Odin.exe file then click on Run as administrator from context menu.]
Step-7: Connect the Galaxy Tab to computer using USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the phone is connected successfully an Added message will appear under Odin. Also, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn light blue with COM port number, indicating successful connection
Note: If the Added message does not appear, then try to re-install USB derivers or change the USB port on the computer.
Step-8: Select these files extracted from P5100XXDNA1folder to install on the tablet
a) Click the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file
b) Click the Phone button and select file with MODEM in its name
c) Click the CSC button and select file with CSC in its name
d) Click the PIT button and select the .pit file
Note: Ignore the last three steps (step-b, c and d) if such files do not exist.
Step-9: In Odin enable Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes. Click the Re-Partition checkbox if a .pit file has been chosen in the previous step
Step-10: Verify everything and click the Start button in Odin. The installation process should begin now and take about few minutes to complete
Step-11: When the installation process is completed, the tablet will restart automatically and soon a PASS message with green background will appear in the extreme left box at the very top of Odin. Unplug the USB cable from the phone
Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 should now be updated with P5100XXDNA1 Android 4.2.2 stock firmware. Navigate to Settings>> About tablet to verify the new firmware version running on the device.
How to fix bootloop issue
If the Galaxy Tab gets stuck at booting animation (after step-11), then go to recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up and Power and buttons together. Now perform Wipe data/Factory reset then Wipe Cache Partition. Once the process is completed, reboot the tablet by selecting reboot system now. In recovery mode, use Volume keys to scroll between options and Power button to select the desired option. Performing wiping task will erase the device's internal memory data.
[Source: Honai of Android]