Following news that Israel is to free 26 Palestinian prisoners in an historic gesture, IBTimes UK brings you a full list of the prisoners who will be released.
The list is as follows:
1. Kour Matwa Hamed Faiz (Fatah. Born 1964, resident of Judea, Samaria, arrested 1985) was sentenced to one life term for his part in establishing an armed Fatah cell and for the murder of Menahem Dadon in 1983 and for another attempted murder.
Dadon, 22, from Netivot, had been sent by his employer to purchase building materials in Gaza and whilst in the shop, was shot in the head at point-blank range. He left a pregnant wife and two daughters.
2. Tsalah Ibrahim Ahmed Mugdad (Fatah. Born 1966, resident of Judea, Samaria, arrested 1993) was sentenced to 32 years imprisonment for the murder of Israel Tennenbaum in 1993, and was due to be released on 13/6/2025.
Israel Tennenbaum, 72, was a farmer who also worked as a security guard at a hotel in Netanya. Tsalah broke into the hotel and murdered Israel Tennenbaum by beating him over the head with a steel rod.
3. Na'anish Naif Abdel Jafar Samir (Born 1967, resident of Judea, Samaria, arrested 1989) was sentenced to a life term for his part in the murder of 24 year-old reservist Binyamin Meisner in February 1989.
Na'anish was part of a group which lured Meisner into an ally in Nablus (Schem) in which they had pre-prepared a stockpile of rocks. They then stoned Meisner to death.
4. Arshid A'Hamid Yusuf Yusuf (Fatah. Born 1968, resident of Judea, Samaria, arrested 1993) was serving five life sentences for the murders of Nadal Rabu Jaab, Adnan Ayaad Dib, Mufid Canaan, Tawfik Jaradat and Ibrahim Said Ziad by stabbing. Arsheed was also indicted on several additional counts of attempted murder of others he also suspected of 'collaboration'.
5. Al-Haj Othman Amar Mustafa (Fatah. Born 1968, resident of Judea, Samaria, arrested 1989) was sentenced to a life sentence for his part in the murder of 48 year-old Frederick Steven Rosenfeld in June 1989.
Rosenfeld was hiking in the hills near Ariel when he came across a group of shepherds who stabbed him to death with his own knife and hid his body.
6. Matslah Abdallah Salama (Hamas. Born 1969, resident of the Gaza Strip, arrested 1993) was sentenced to one life sentence for the murder of Reuven David in Petah Tikva in 1991.
David, who was tied up, gagged and beaten to death in his own mini-market, left a wife, three children and several grandchildren.
7. Abu-Musa Salam Ali Atia (Fatah. Born 1971, resident of the Gaza Strip, arrested 1994) was convicted of the murder of Isaac Rotenburg from Holon as part of an initiation rite for joining a terror organisation and sentenced to one life sentence.
Rotenburg, 67, had survived the Holocaust by escaping the Sobibor death camp and joining the partisans, before arriving in pre-state Israel and fighting in the War of Independence. He was working as a plasteer when he was attacked by Abu-Masa and another Palestinian labourers in 1994.
8. Miklad Mahmoud Ziad Salah (Fatah. Born 1973, resident of the Gaza Strip, arrested 1993) was sentenced to one life sentence for the murder of 39 year-old Yehoshua Deutch in Kfar Yam, Gush Katif, in March 1993. In addition he fired shots at an army post and tried to murder a local resident.
Yehoshua Deutch grew flowers and was fatally stabbed by Miklad in his greenhouse.
9. Tsualha Bad Almajid Mahamad (Fatah. Born 1973, resident of Judea, Samaria, arrested 1990) was sentenced to one life sentence for the murder - together with accomplices - of Baruch Heizler and the attempted murder of Betty Malka, Shai Cohen and Avishag Cohen in 1990 whilst he was still a minor.
Baruch Heizler was 24 when he was stabbed to death whilst travelling on the bus in Ramat Gan, on the way to his seminary.
10. Sha'at Aazat Shaba'an Aataf (Fronts. Born 1964, resident of the Gaza Strip, arrested 1993) was sentenced to 29 years' imprisonment after having been convicted of accessory to murder and was due to be released on 14/3/2022. Sha'at drove his accomplices to and from the scene of the murder of 51 year-old Simcha Levi in Khan Yunis in 1993.
Simcha Levi, a driver for Arab labourers, was attacked by three terrorists disguised as female workers in her vehicle, and stabbed to death.
11.Abdel-Aal Sayid Ouda Yusef ( Born 1979, resident of the Gaza Strip, arrested in 1994) was sentenced to 22 years for, along with accomplices, throwing 2 grenades - which did not explode - at Border Police forces. On a different occasion, he placed a bomb next to a Border Police facility but the explosion did not cause damage. Also, he knew about the intention to harm a civilian and aided the process of his murder (Ian Sean Feinberg) by passing information to the perpetrators regarding the absence of soldiers in the area. Also, together with his cell, tortured a local resident suspected of collaboration. After he left the scene, the victim was murdered by his two accomplices. On a separate occasion, he intended to murder a local resident suspected of collaboration.
Ian Sean Feinberg, a South Africa-born lawyer and legal advisor on Palestinian economic development, was killed during a business meeting by a group of terrorists using guns and axes.
12. Barbach Faiz Rajab Madhat (PFLP. Born 1974, resident of the Gaza Strip, arrested in 1994) was sentenced to life imprisonment for, together with his accomplices, stabbing his employer (Moshe Becker) to death in 1994.
Moshe Beker was ambushed and stabbed to death in his own orchard. His attackers used a knife and pruning shears.
13. Raai Ibrahim Salam Ali (Fatah. Born 1957, resident of the Gaza Strip, arrested 1994) was sentenced to life imprisonment for the murder - using an axe - of 79 year-old Morris Aizenshtat who was sitting on a park bench in Kfar Saba reading a book at the time.
14.Nashbat Jabar Yusef Mahmed (Born 1961, resident of the Gaza Strip, arrested in 1990) was sentenced to 25 years for taking part in a lynching of an IDF soldier, Amnon Pomerantz. He was due to be released on 20/9/2015.
Amnon Pomerantz, a reservist, was murdered near his base by a gang of Palestinians who reportedly threw rocks at him, poured gasoline on his vehicle and ignited it will he was trapped inside.
15. Mortja Hasin Ghanam Samir (Hamas. Born in 1970, resident of the Gaza Strip, arrested 1993) was sentenced to 20 years in prison for his part in the abduction, interrogation, torture and murder of four local residents suspected of collaboration with the authorities - Samir Alsilawi, Khaled Malka, Nasser Akila, and Ali Al Zaabot. Also, he abducted local residents suspected of 'moral crimes' for interrogation. His release date was 28 October 2013.
16. Sualha Fazah Ahmed Husseini (Fatah. Born 1973, resident of Judea and Samaria, arrested 1990) was given a life sentence for stabbing Baruch Heizler to death on a bus together with an accomplice and also attempting to murder three additional female passengers.
17. Ramahi Salah Abdallah Faraj (Fatah. Born in 1966, resident of the Gaza Strip, arrested 1992) was given a life term for killing Avraham Kinstler. Also, whilst in Israel without a permit, he broke into a car and stole a gun. While in prison, he tried to obtain a weapon for another prisoner in order to kidnap a soldier.
Avraham Kinstler was working in his orchard when he was ambushed by terrorists and murdered with farming equipment.
18. Abu-Sitta Ahmed Sayid Aladin (Fatah. Born 1970, resident of the Gaza Strip, arrested 1994) was sentenced to two life terms for killing David Dedi and Chaim Weitzman together with accomplices.
19. Abu-Sitta Taleb Mohammed Ayman (Fatah. Born 1971, resident of the Gaza Strip, arrested 1994) was given two life terms for breaking into an apartment in Ramle and murdering two people, David Dedi and Chaim Weitzman together with accomplices. Afterwards, they mutilated the bodies and cut off their ears as proof of the action.
David Dadi and Chaim Weizman were both stabbed to death in the former's appartment by terrorists who had broken in.
20. Mantsur Omar Abdel Hafiz Asmat (Born in 1976, resident of Judea and Samaria, arrested in 1993) was convicted of accessory to murder and sentenced to 22 years. He found out during work about the intention of his colleagues to murder a civilian (Chaim Mizrahi) and during the murder, helped the murderers to overpower the victim and after his death, placed the body in the boot of his car.
Chaim Mizrahi was reportedly on his way to buy eggs when he was ambushed by terrorists, wounded and stuffed into the trunk of his own car. After murdering Chaim, the terrorists burned and abandoned the vehicle.
21. Asakra Mahmad Ahmed Khaled (Fatah. Born 1972, resident of Judea, Samaria, arrested in 1991) was convicted of the murder of French national Annie Lei in April 1991 and sentenced to life imprisonment.
Annie Lei, 64, was a tourist visiting Bethlehem and was eating in the restaurant where Asakra worked when he stabbed her to death.
22. Jandiya Yusef Raduan Nahad (Fatah. Born 1973, resident of the Gaza Strip, arrested in 1989) was sentenced to 25.5 years' imprisonment for his part - whilst still a minor - in the murder of 64 year-old Zalman Shlein with his release due on 13/1/2015.
Zalman Shlein, working as a building contractor, was stabbed and beaten to death by Jandiya and another Arab labourer at a construction site. Jandiya later tried to escape from prison but was caught.
23. Hamdiya Mahmoud Awad Muhammed (Fatah. Born 1972, resident of the Gaza Strip, arrested in 1989) was also convicted of the murder of Zalman Shlein and sentenced to 25.5 years with his release scheduled for 13/1/2015. Like his accomplice, he also tried to escape from prison and was caught.
24. Abdel-Nebi a'Wahab Gamal Jamil (Hamas. Born 1963, resident of Judea, Samaria, arrested in 1992) was sentenced to 21 years' imprisonment having been convicted of accessory to murder and was due to be released on 14/12/2013. Abdel-Nebi drove the getaway vehicle after a terrorist shooting at the Machpelah Cave in Hebron in October 1992 in which reservist Shmuel Geresh was killed and Ronen Cohen was injured.
32 year-old Shmuel Geresh - the son of Holocaust survivors - left a wife and two children.
25. Ziwad Muhammed Taher Taher (Palestinian Islamic Jihad. Born 1971, resident of Judea, Samaria, arrested 1993) was sentenced to 21 years in prison for his part (together with two others) in the fatal shooting of Avraham Cohen and was scheduled for release on 05/02/2014.
26. Tsabiach Abed Hamed Burhan was arrested in 2001 for the murder of four Palestinians - Jamil Mohammed, Naim Tsaviach, Ayisha Abdallah and Haradi Marwach.
(Source: Cif Watch)