Real Madrid will let Gareth Bale leave the Santiago Bernabeu if a club is willing to meet their asking price of £85m ($112m), according to reports.

The Sunday Mirror says the reigning Spanish and European champions have grown fed up of Bale's recurring injury problems and are ready to cut their losses.

The 28-year-old has only made five La Liga appearances for Real this season and has not played for the club since September due to a calf problem.

He suffered a fresh thigh injury during training in Spain on 9 November and potentially faces another six weeks on the sidelines.

Manchester United have long held an interest in Bale and failed twice in their attempts to sign him, while Chelsea and Tottenham have also been linked with moves for the Wales forward.

Bale is under pressure to deliver at the Bernabeu after an injury-hit 2016/17 season, in which he featured in just 19 league games.

He missed several crucial fixtures in the final six weeks of last season with a calf injury but returned to make a cameo in the club's Champions League final victory over Juventus in Cardiff.

The 28-year-old spent three months on the sidelines earlier on in the season due to an ankle injury.

Wales boss Chris Coleman said after the 2-0 defeat against France that Bale is "gutted" following his latest injury blow.

"I think players can go through spells when they've been out with an injury, they get referrals and then they get this, that and the other," he was reported as saying.

"The harder you try to get back you get a setback and sometimes you have to go through that.

"He'll get over [it] and he'll be back. He just needs to get settled again and get his fitness. He needs to take his time and not rush himself back. Any player will tell you they want to be on the pitch and not in the treatment room."