With just over a month left for the high-profile E3 conference, an anonymous source claiming to have insider information about Sony's upcoming E3 conference has shared some interesting news about the leaked game title announcements for E3.
According to DualShockers, the leaked information comes from contacts within Sony's worldwide studios as well as through BBH New York marketing firm which has a tie-up with Sony.
The leaked announcement details for Sony's E3 conference pertain to every new game title for PS4 and every new publisher that will participate in the event in June.
The complete details of the leak are given below, wherein the double-sourced information from DualShockers is in bold while the rest is in plain text.
- Uncharted PS4 3 Minute Trailer showcasing "In-engine" footage interspersed with gameplay segments. Visuals are supposedly unprecedented and set a benchmark for console graphics. Summer 2015 release date. It looks absolutely stellar. Features tropical setting and differing time periods with Nate/Francis.
- Media Molecule's new title will be a landmark title for Morpheus. 3D world building, beautiful, quirky visuals.Extremely creative and fun. Possibly related to the "Entwined" trademark filed last week by SCE (not sure). Late 2015.
- Gran Turismo 6 is coming to PS4 as 1080p 60FPS repackaged title in the vein of Gran Turismo 7: Prologue. Stunning visuals, extra features (social connectivity, new tracks, dlc etc). Coming mid-late 2015.
- God of War 4 teaser will be present – will be CG with snippets of in-engine footage. A little early for reveal, but is designed to offset negativity surrounding canceled new IP and generate excitement – also to partially offset CG announce of Gears of War at Microsoft presser. Late 2015. Date wont be announced.
- Kill Strain trademark is related to Syphon Filter reboot for PS4. Sony Bend working on revamping the franchise. Stealth, beautiful visuals and a possible Winter 2014 title. Bend finally getting to join the big boys.
- Wipeout is also making the transition to PS4. Source is unsure of who is developing it, but hints that it could be Sony London, Evolution, or Firesprite.
- Quantic Dream has a trailer prepared – unsure whether it is penciled in for Gamescom or E3. Sony will be watching Microsoft's presser earlier in the day to gauge whether additional titles will need to be slotted in to dampen hype. Expect Dark Sorcerer- like visuals in real time. Off-topic, but still relevant – they are close to deal to become a Worldwide Studios developer, along with Ready At Dawn.
- Speaking of Ready At Dawn, The Order:1886 will get a stage demo. Big title for Fall 2014. Sony is expecting great things from said title – franchise hopes rest on its performance.
- Ninja Theory working on a PS4 exclusive – possible Heavenly Sword sequel which was shelved a number of years ago. Quite far into development.
- Sony London will be at E3. First AAA title in many years. 3rd person title. Gorgeous. They're back with a bang,
- Guerrilla Games bringing their RPG to E3. Provocative setting – very interesting. Insane visuals as usual. A good reaction to the title is expected. Will please the hardcore.
- Sucker Punch busy at work on an inFAMOUS: Second Son DLC. Really cool. New powers. Possible new setting. E3 debut.
- Sony Japan Studios debuting two, maybe even three titles. Project Beast – spiritual successor to Demon Souls. The other is The Last Guardian. Retooled for PS4, possible Winter 2014 title. The Other title is shrouded in secrecy.
- Evolution will give Driveclub some time in the limelight. It's shaping up to be incredible with jaw-dropping visuals. Demo release will be timed with the press conference.
Apart from the handful of games, the source notes that Ubisoft, Electronic Arts, Konami, Capcom, Warner Bros, Activision, Square Enix and Take Two will participate in the E3 event.
Though Rockstar initially featured in the participants' list, the source later clarified that Sony might actually make the announcement for a next-gen console release for Grand Theft Auto 5 (GTA 5) on Rockstar's behalf.
Beyond the big game title announcements, the event is expected to showcase Project Morpheus and discuss plans for Sony Entertainment Network and PlayStation Now, besides revealing price drops for PS3 and PS Vita.
The PS4 is likely to dominate the show, while older platforms such as PS Vita and PS3 should get ample support with a few new game title announcements and releases from Sony.
The leaked details about E3 announcements should be taken with a pinch of salt as last minute changes cannot be ruled out, given the hype and rumours surrounding the biggest gaming extravaganza.