Steve Smith
Steve Smith will be looking to lead Australia to their first ICC T20 World Cup title in India next month Getty

Australia have dominated the cricketing landscape in recent times. From their all-conquering team of the 2000s to the current squad, they have always played their brand of aggressive cricket. And it is surprising to hear that Australia have not yet won the ICC World T20 title, with their only final appearance coming in 2010 in West Indies where they were thrashed by England.

Fresh from becoming the highest ranked test team and with a record fifth World Cup secured last year, Smith has set his sight on the ICC World T20 crown, admitting that this is the only trophy missing from their cabinet, while also saying that India go into the tournament as favourites.

Speaking to the media, Smith said, "It's one that alluded us, the T20 World Cup, and it would be great to win that trophy, that's our goal. It's going to be a tough tour in India, in conditions that are foreign to us. But it's really exciting and I think we have got the squad to give that tournament a real shake.

"On any given day in T20 cricket any side can be dangerous, an individual can take a game away from you."

"But I think India in Indian conditions are going to be very tough to beat. They're a very good side as we saw out here in the three Twenty20s we played in Australia, so I think they're going to be right up there," the Australian captain added.

Australia are drawn with India, New Zealand, Pakistan and the winner of the Group A qualifier in the World T20, with their first game scheduled on March 18 at Dharamsala against arch rivals Kiwis. However, before that they travel to South Africa to play three Twenty20's against the Proteas beginning 4 March.