- Christian Eriksen's early strike sends Tottenham on their way to a comfortable victory in a heavyweight transfer deadline day clash at Wembley Stadium
- Danish playmaker scores the third-fastest goal in Premier League history after less than 11 seconds
- Phil Jones later turns a Kieran Trippier cross into his own net in calamitous fashion
- An irate Jose Mourinho withdraws Marouane Fellaini just seven minutes after introducing the Belgian as a second-half substitute and Alexis Sanchez endures an anonymous top-flight debut for his new side
- New signing Lucas Moura is introduced to the home fans at half-time after completing his £25m move from Paris Saint-Germain before kick-off
- Impressive win sees fifth-place Tottenham move to within just two points of the top four ahead of tough tests against Liverpool and Arsenal
- Manchester United stay second after their eight-match unbeaten run comes to an end, 15 points adrift of leaders Manchester City
- RECAP - Chelsea 0-3 Bournemouth
That is all from IBTimes UK for now, thanks for following along.
Until next time, it's goodbye.
Tottenham 2-0 Manchester United
Valencia keeps the score at 2-0 after deflecting Lamela's shot over the crossbar. There will not be enough time to take the corner.
Spurs fans in fine voice as their side knock the ball around with ease. Their confidence demonstrated by an impudent backheel from Lamela.
Three minutes of added time signalled. Victor Wanyama replaces Dembele.
Alli's petulant streak surfaces once again as he is cautioned for kicking out at Sanchez.
Kane buys a free-kick off Valencia as Alli is withdrawn in favour of Sissoko.
A picture that rather accurately sums up United's efforts this evening...
A nice reception for Son as he makes way for Erik Lamela, who was tentatively linked with a move to Southampton earlier today.
Into the final 10 minutes at Wembley.
Kane collects another Eriksen pass and fires a shot wide of the far post off Smalling.
United fail to clear their lines and Smalling and Jones produce blocks that deny Alli and Dier respectively.
Young has his name taken for a tackle from behind on Son, whose heavy touch from a lofted Trippier pass allows Smalling to get across and concede another corner.
Kane shows off some quick feet before drilling a shot into the stands. Tottenham are launching wave after wave of attack.
United have no answer.
Mourinho is apoplectic here. Just seven minutes after coming on, Fellaini is hooked in favour of Ander Herrera.
The Belgian did not seem to be injured and heads straight down the tunnel.
After another fine pass from Eriksen, Son declines to tee up Kane for a simple back-post tap-in and instead tries a shot that is diverted behind by De Gea.
Kane is furious.
We should mention that Lucas Moura was presented to the Tottenham supporters during the half-time interval...
Eriksen dummies Son's low pass and Kane hooks another shot straight at De Gea. The wait for his top-flight century continues.
Eriksen, afforded far too much time and space in which to operate, whistles a right-footed effort narrowly wide of the far post.
De Gea then gets down to keep out a low drive from Davies. Tottenham are looking for that third goal that would kill this match as a contest.
Pogba, who does not seem to be injured, trudges off after a disappointing 62 minutes or so. A big decision from Mourinho.
Lingard also heads for the bench as Fellaini and Mata come on.
Vertonghen nicks the ball away from Martial at a crucial moment. Tottenham quickly work it forward and a curling shot from Alli crashes into Smalling.
Smalling blocks off Alli's path before Lingard is caught in possession. It looks like Marouane Fellaini is about to enter the fray for United.
A vital touch from Davies stops Lingard's cushioned volley from reaching Lukaku.
That's also a Premier League record...
Kane shoots wide at one end before Lukaku collects a searching Pogba pass and outmuscles Ben Davies before seeing a firm drive expertly tipped over by Lloris.
United just about survive another probing Tottenham attack before Lukaku earns a corner at the other end.
Sanchez's hopeful appeals for a penalty are waved away after his header from Young's left-wing delivery hits the hand of Son at close range.
Son tries to deceive Valencia after a clever flick from Kane but ends up dragging his low shot well wide.