Erdogan Guzel
Erdogan Guzel, 42, was killed in a drive-by shooting in London's Wood Green. Facebook

The first picture of a man killed in a drive-by shooting in London's Wood Green neighbourhood has been released.

Erdogan Guzel, 42, and a woman in her 50s were gunned down in the shooting, which took place outside Brothers Bakery on Lordship Lane on 10 July.

According to the Mirror, at least three attackers pulled up in a car outside the bakery, before opening fire at around 5.45pm.

Police said Guzel died at the scene at around 7pm. The unnamed woman remains critically ill in an east London hospital.

Officers investigating the murder said they believe the two were innocent bystanders caught up in a gangland feud.

Imam Sumbul, who described himself as a friend of the dead man's cousin, told the Press Association: "He was in the wrong place at the wrong time. The bullet was not meant for him."

Recounting the incident, shop owner Ibrahim Yurdakul, 33, told the Evening Standard: "A group of men had pulled up in a car on Lordship Lane and opened fire with a weapon "like a machine gun".

"They started shooting at the shop, about five or six bullets and then drove off. They were there for about 30 or 40 seconds. It was a big gun, like a machine gun. I was in the shop at the time and we heard the gunfire. But my brother was outside. He was on the pavement next to the guy when he got shot.

"If he hadn't jumped to the floor maybe something would have happened to him too - he was very lucky."

Another eyewitness, who was in a fish and chip shop near the scene, said: "I saw the woman and turned away. Then I heard the bang. She fell down on the floor. There was a child on a bike and he was lying on the floor as well."

A friend of Guzel, who asked not to be named, told the Press Association: "He was always on this street, he lived nearby. He was a good guy."

He added that Guzel has two children, aged 15 and 16, who are currently on holiday in Turkey.

Locals said a similar incident happened at the end of June in which a gunman tried to open fire but failed to discharge his weapon before fleeing.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said a murder investigation had been launched, but no arrests have been made.

Anyone with any information relating to the investigation is asked to contact police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.