Arsenal target Alvaro Morata is not poised to sign for Wolfsburg who are yet to even table a bid for the Real Madrid striker, according to the club's general manager Klaus Allofs.
Real boss Carlo Ancelotti yesterday confirmed the 21-year-old striker would be allowed to leave the club this summer after growing frustrated with his lack of first team opportunities last season.
Both the Gunners and Serie A champions Juventus have been intensely linked with a move for Morata since the January transfer window but Wolfsburg have emerged as another possible destination in recent days.
However, with the club also still keen on securing a deal for Chelsea's Romelu Lukaku, Allofs has confirmed the Bundesliga club are not targeting a move for Morata.
He told Wolfsburger Nachrichten: "Morata is a very good young striker, there is no doubt about that.
"However, those reports are pure rubbish. Our club has not tabled any bid for the services of Alvaro Morata."
Arsenal's well documented need for reinforcements at the forefront of their attack has seen them linked with an array of names including Milan striker Mario Balotelli but in Morata the club are presented with an option who is desperate to secure a move this summer.
"The player wants to look for an opportunity to get more minutes so the club agrees with this," his manager Ancelotti told reporters on Monday, AS report.
"If Morata leaves then we have to think about acquiring someone with the same characteristics, a young and talented striker."
And while Juventus have also been credited with keen interest in the Spaniard, recent comments from Real Madrid president Florentino Perez would appear to rule the Bianconeri out of the running also, leaving Arsene Wenger with a clear path to move for the Spain Under-21 international.
Perez told Cadena Ser last week: "I am friends with the Juventus executives and president Andrea Agnelli. But I have not spoken to them regarding Morata, and, honestly, the possibilities that he goes to Turin are zero."