Toddlers are among the 91 victims abducted by terror group Boko Haram in Kummabza village, Borno State, according to reports.
Nigeria's Leadership newspaper wrote that the mass kidnapping occurred on Saturday but was not reported until a few days later.
While the number of the victims was previously believed to be 60, witnesses reportedly said the militants kidnapped 60 girls and women and 31 boys.
Meanwhile, Borno State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) Gideon Jibrin has denied knowledge of the abduction.
Several prominent Nigerians also questioned whether the abductions had taken place. First Lady Patience Jonathan has claimed that reports are fabricated.
However witnesses and a senior local government official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, confirmed that the abduction took place.
The alleged kidnapping comes as Nigerian authorities are still looking for 220 missing schoolgirls, abducted by Boko Haram in Chibok, Borno State, on 14 April.
According to Nigeria's former President Olusegun Obasanjo, many of the kidnapped girls will never return home, and those who become pregnant in the forest have the best chance of being freed.
Current Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan has been accused of not doing enough to push for the release of the girls and to halt the violence of the terrorists.
John Campbell, a former US ambassador to Nigeria, said kidnappings will continue because, for Boko Haram, the strategy has been "remarkably successful: it focuses attention on the shortcomings of the Nigerian government."