As the fallout from the Brangelina split continues, Brad Pitt has confirmed that he will no longer be attending the premiere for his latest film. The father-of-six said he will skip the red carpet event because he doesn't want Terrence Malick's epic documentary Voyage of Time to be overshadowed by his turbulent personal life.
"Terrence's Voyage of Time is an incredibly beautiful and unique experiential Imax film for children and families chronicling the birth of time," Pitt said in a statement.
"I'm very grateful to be part of such a fascinating and educational project, but I'm currently focused on my family situation and don't want to distract attention away from this extraordinary film, which I encourage everyone to see."
Earlier in September fans were left stunned after it was revealed that Jolie filed documents citing irreconcilable differences and is seeking physical custody of the couple's six children. Her lawyers claim the split was "for the health of the family" but Pitt released a statement saying he is "saddened" by her decision to end their marriage after just two years.
Pitt, who narrated the documentary which examines the origins of the Universe, had been due to make his first public appearance since news of his split broke at the California Science Centre Imax Theatre in Los Angeles on Wednesday (28 September) evening.
Meawhile, Pitt's ex-wife Jennifer Aniston's husband Justin Theroux has spoken about the split, insisting that "there are bigger things to b***h about".
"There's an endless appetite for trash, apparently – though everyone would say that they don't have that appetite," the 45-year-old actor told Business Insider during a promotional pit stop for his new movie, The Girl On The Train. " But I think a lot of people do because people buy it. But there are bigger things to b***h about. It's shocking how much bandwidth things can take up when there are far more important things going on in the world."
Voyage Of Time is scheduled for release on 7 October.