The latest build of C-ROM, v7.1 featuring Android 4.4.4 supports the international model of Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100). Built from AOSP sources, the C-ROM offers a stock KitKat look and UI by Google. These custom builds are believed to be stable, fast, smooth and offer plenty of customisations and tweaks.
SystemUI FC fixed
Theme Engine fixed
Added Hover with all options
QuickSettings: Added ProfileTile
Show statusbar in expanded desktop
Framework: add compass tile
Framework: add camera tile
Implement ad blocker
Allow disabling of FC dialogs
Expose heads up
Add time-context headers to the notification header
New UI C-RoM OTA
Base: Allow hiding notification icons
Add option to change size of QS ribbon bar
Add Dialpad key padding
Bring back Density changer to C-RoM
Those who wish to update their Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.4.4 using C-ROM, may follow our installation guide.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device.
- Install USB Drivers for Galaxy Note 2 to transfer files between the Android device and the computer.
- Enable USB debugging Mode on the phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>> Developer Options and check the USB debugging.]
- As the tutorial might wipe out all data of the phone, create a backup. If the device is having any custom recovery such as ClockworkMod or, TWRP then backup data using the same.
- If the Android phone powers off due to lack of battery during the process, it could damage the device. Therefore, the Note 2 should have charge above 80% battery charge.
- The phone should be rooted and have the latest version of CWM recovery.
- The C- ROM featuring Android 4.4.4 works only with the Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100. As applying this to any incorrect variant might brick the device, verify the model number of Galaxy Note by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number.
- After flashing the ROM if the device gets stuck at booting animation or experiences boot loop, then perform wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache for a few times before rebooting the device.
- Once the ROM is installed, users are advised to give 10 minutes to the ROM after the device boots up for the first time for better user experience.
How to install Android 4.4.4 on Galaxy Note 2 N7100 using C-ROM
Step-1: Connect and mount Galaxy Note 2 USB memory on the computer using USB cable. Now move the downloaded files to the SD card of the phone. Ensure the files are in the SD card root, not in any folder
Step-2: Unplug the USB cable from the phone and switch it off
Step-3: Enter recovery mode. Switch on the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together
Step-4: In recovery mode, perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe data/ factory reset. Use the Power button to select while in Recovery mode
Step-5: Perform a cache wipe by selecting wipe cache partition
Step-6: Perform a wipe of dalvik cache. This is optional but users are recommended to do this, so that the device will not get into boot loops or any other errors. From CWM recovery, go to advanced then select wipe dalvik cache
Step-7: Return to the main recovery menu and select install zip from sdcard>> choose zip from sdcard. Using the Volume keys navigate to Android 4.4.4 ROM, which was earlier copied to the phone's SD card. Select it using the Power button and confirm installation on the next screen
Step-8: After the ROM is installed, repeat the procedure to install Gapps file on the phone
Step-9: When the installation process is completed, go to +++++Go Back +++++ and reboot the phone by selecting reboot system now. The Galaxy Note will boot now and it would take about five minutes to boot the first time
The AOSP based ROM based on Android 4.4.4 should now be installed on the Galaxy Note 2. Head over to Settings>> About phone to verify the new software version of the device.
[Source: Team Android]