Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo has hit out at his five-game ban for pushing a referee as "incomprehensible" after Spain's administrative sports court rejected his final appeal.
Ronaldo, 32, had already had an appeal rejected by the Spanish Football Federation last week, with the Spanish Disciplinary Committee for Sports turning down his final appeal on 22 August (Tuesday).
The Portugal international was sent off in the first leg of the Spanish Super Cup against Barcelona for simulation and pushed referee Ricardo de Burgos Bengoetxea in protest against the decision.
He was hit with a four-game ban for his reaction in addition to the one-game ban for the red card.
Ronaldo took to Twitter to express his dismay against the Spanish administrative sports court's ruling.
He wrote: "One more incomprehensible decision. Injustices that will never bring me down. And as always I will come back stronger. Thank you to those who have supported me."
Ronaldo has already served two games of his five-game ban and will not be available to play in La Liga until Madrid's clash against Real Betis on 20 September, although he can play in the Champions League.
The 32-year-old will miss the home games against Valencia and Levante and the trip to Real Sociedad.
Madrid head coach Zinedine Zidane said Ronaldo will play the full 90 minutes of the club's friendly against Fiorentina at the Santiago Bernabeu on 23 August.
"We're physically well and there are players, such as Cristiano Ronaldo, who will play the full 90 minutes," the Frenchman was quoted as saying by Marca.
"You can only ask everyone to continue like this, it's a very good start to the season but it's going to be long," he said.
"We have just started the league, it's the first game of 38 and it's a tremendous effort."
Ronaldo scored 25 league goals in 29 appearances for Real last season.