Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone admits Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez is one of the players the club are considering this summer.
The La Liga champions have already secured the signing of France international Antoine Griezmann from Real Sociedad but Simeone is eager to strengthen his striking options following the departures of both Diego Costa and David Villa this summer.
Hernandez has been a peripheral figure at Old Trafford for the past two seasons and is said to have grown frustrated with his lack of first-team opportunities.
It remains to be seen whether new United boss Louis van Gaal wishes to retain the Mexican international but the striker will have no shortage of options should the Dutchman decide to let him go to another club.
When quizzed on the possibility of Atletico making a bid for Hernandez, Simeone told reporters: "Hernandez and other football players who may be on Atletico's radar could well be possible before the transfer window closes," AS report.
Hernandez came off the bench after 77 minutes in his side's friendly clash with Inter Milan, which saw the Premier League side triumph 5-3 on penalties.
The Serie A side are another club to have been intensely linked with a move for the 26-year-old and Hernandez's former teammate Nemanja Vidic, who made his Nerazzurri debut on Tuesday, has advised his new club to return to Manchester with an offer for the striker.
"Chicharito has done some great things and scored decisive goals for Manchester United, in particular under Sir Alex Ferguson," Vidic told La Gazzetta dello Sport earlier this week.
"He is a very strong striker, a traditional number nine who has an eye for goal.
"But in the end, it's [Inter's sporting director] Piero Ausilio's decision and he knows what he's doing."
So far during United's tour of the US, van Gaal has utilised Hernandez, Wayne Rooney, Wilfried Zaha, Will Keane and Danny Welbeck in striking roles.