Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N8000) users can now enjoy the latest KitKat features on their aging device with due release of Android 4.4.2 KitKat update with firmware build number N8000XXUDNE6.
The new KitKat update is being rolled out in phases via Over-The-Air (OTA) update as well as through Samsung KIES in several countries starting with India, Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
Those who missed the OTA update notification and cannot access the update via KIES for some reason can follow our step-by-step guide below to install the same manually via Odin v3.07.
Android 4.4.2 N8000XXUDNE6 KitKat Firmware Details
Version: Android 4.4.2
Build date: May 31, 2014
Regions: India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka
As this is an unbranded firmware, it can be installed on any unlocked international variant of Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000, regardless of the country or region. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
1. Install necessary USB Drivers for Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N8000) on the computer.
2. Enable USB Debugging Mode on the note N8000 by navigating to Settings >> Developer Options.
3. Back up important user data and settings before you proceed.
4. Ensure your Galaxy Note 10.1 has at least 80% battery charge.
5. The Android 4.4.2 N8000XXUDNE6 KitKat firmware is compatible only with the 3G + Wi-Fi version of Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N8000). Installing this on any incorrect variant might brick the device. Verify the model number of your Galaxy Note 10.1 by navigating to Settings >> About Phone.
Steps to Update Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 with Android 4.4.2 XXUDNE6 KitKat Firmware
Step 1: Extract Firmware zip file using WinRAR, 7-Zip or WinZip extracting tool to obtain a .tar.md5 file and some other optional files.
Step 2: Extract Odin zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with a few other files.
Step 3: Power off the Galaxy Note 10.1.
Step 4: Boot the device into Download Mode as follows: press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons together until a construction Android robot icon with a warning triangle appears on screen. Then hit Volume Up button to progress into Download Mode.
Step 5: Launch Odin on computer as an Administrator.
Step 6: Connect the Galaxy Note 10.1 to computer via USB cable while it is still in Download Mode. Wait until Odin recognises the device and then the ID: COM box will turn to light blue with the corresponding COM port number. If the connection was successful, a message saying "Added!" will appear on screen.
Step 7: Select the following files in Odin from extracted N8000XXUDNE6 firmware folder:
- Click the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file.
- Tap the Phone button and choose file with MODEM in its name.
- Hit the CSC button and select file with CSC in its name.
- Tap the PIT button and choose the .pit file. Note: Ignore the last three steps if the files are missing.
Step 8: In Odin, enable Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. But, the Re-Partition option must be checked only if a .pit file was chosen in the previous step.
Step 9: Verify Steps 7 and 8 are done correctly. Then tap Start button to begin the installation process.
Step 10: After the installation process completes, your Galaxy Note will restart and soon a PASS message with green background appears in the top left-most box in Odin. You can now disconnect the USB cable and remove the device from the computer.
Galaxy Note 10.1 is now updated with Android 4.4.2 N8000XXUDNE6 KitKat official firmware. Head over to Settings >> About tablet to verify the software version running on the device.
Note: If Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 is stuck at boot animation after Step 10, go to recovery mode (press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons together) and perform Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition task before selecting reboot system now function. In recovery mode use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select the desired option. Please note that performing wiping task will erase your device's internal memory and not external SD card data.
[Source: Honai of Android]