Samsung had released Android 4.4.2 KitKat software update for the international model of Galaxy Note 2 last month. Now a similar update is available for the LTE variant of the second generation of Galaxy Note, which was running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
With build number N7105XXUFND3, the Android 4.4.2 stock firmware update is now available for Note 2 LTE users from Nordic Countries. Below is the firmware details, courtesy of XDA forum.
Model name: Galaxy Note 2 LTE
Country: Nordic countries
Product Code: NEE
Version: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
Product Code: NEE
Users can install the N7105XXUFND3 Android 4.4.2 build as Over-The-Air update or through Samsung Kies server.
Those who are staying outside Nordic Countries and failed to get the update for being region-specific may follow our step-by-step guide to install the same manually.
As the N7105XXUFND3 build is an unbranded version of firmware, it can be installed on any unlocked GT-N7105 unit, irrespective of country and region.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device. Before installing the official firmware, users are advised to verify their devices meet following requirements.
1) Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to connect the Android device with the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone to connect it with computer and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>>Developer Options to enable USB Debugging.]
3) As the tutorial is likely to wipe all data of the phone, create a backup. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as CWM or, TWRP installed, then backup data using the recovery.
4) If the Android device powers off due to lack of battery while the installation process, it could damage the device. Therefore, the Galaxy Note should have above 80% battery charge.
5) The phone should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
6) The phone will lose custom ROM with the installation of official firmware. Additionally, the custom recovery will be replaced by stock version.
7) The device will no longer belong to a rooted version with the installation of official firmware.
8) N7105XXUFND3 Android 4.4 2 KitKat works only with LTE Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7105. As flashing this on any other variant might brick the device, verify the model number of Note 2 by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number.
How to install N7105XXUFND3 Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Galaxy Note 2 LTE (GT-N7105)
Step-1: Extract the downloaded firmware zip using winrar/7zip/winzip or any extracting tool to get a file with .tar.md5 extension with few other optional files
Step-2: Extract Odin zip to get Odin3 v3.09.exe and some other files
Step-3: Switch off Galaxy Note 2 and wait for five to six seconds for the vibration to confirm complete power off
Step-4: Boot the phone into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Home buttons together then press the Power button. A warning screen will appear, press Volume Up button to enter into Download mode
Step-5: Run Odin on computer as an Administrator
Step-6: Connect the Note 2 to computer using USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the phone is connected an Added message will appear in Odin. If the message does not appear then try another USB port, try the one located at the back side of the computer. In case that too does not work then re-install USB driver.
You should also see one of the ID: COM boxes in Odin will turn blue with the COM port number
Step-7: Click on AP button and select the .tar.md5 file which was extracted in step-1
Step-8: Verify Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin. Uncheck Re-Partition option
Step-9: Double check everything and click Start button in Odin. The installation process should begin and take a few minutes to complete
Step-10: When the installation process is completed, the phone will restart automatically and soon you should see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the top of Odin. When the home screen appears, unplug the USB cable safely from the phone to disconnect it from the computer
Galaxy Note 2 LTE should now be updated with N7105XXUFND3 Android 4.4.2 stock firmware. Navigate to Settings>> About phone to verify the new software version of the handset.
How to Fix Bootloop Issue
After flashing the firmware, if the Galaxy Note 2 gets stuck at boot animation or bootloop (after step-10), place the device into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together.
In recovery mode, perform data wiping task by selecting Wipe data/factory reset then select Wipe Cache Partition. Now reboot the phone by selecting reboot system now. In recovery mode, use Volume keys to scroll between options and Power button to select the desired option. Note that performing wiping task will erase the phone's internal memory data.
[Source: True Android]