Samsung Galaxy Note 2 users can now enjoy the fix for S Pen via the latest custom release by Android Open Kang Project team. The AOKP JB-MR1 Build 6 also brings Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update and several new customised features for the Note 2 which is currently running on Android 4.1.2 software.
Features of AOKP Build 6
1) Fully revamped NavBar and lockscreen UI in ROMControl
2) Themeable lockscreen
3) Scrollable toggles
4) Web GL on the Nexus 10
5) Options to Daydream on wireless charger
6) Volume adjust sound preference
7) Open source Superuser
8) StatusBar hide toggle
9) Sleep toggle
Head over to the development page to learn more about the bug fixes and known issues related to AOKP Build 6.
Galaxy Note 2 users who wish to install Android 4.2.2 on their devices using AOKP JB-MR1 Build 6 may follow our step-by-step guide below. The device may encounter minor bug issues since the ROM is in the development stage.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device.
1) Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on the computer.
2) Ensure that USB Debugging Mode is enabled to connect the phone with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) Create backup of all data of the device before proceeding.
4) The Galaxy Note 2 should be rooted and have ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery installed.
5) The device should be factory unlocked.
6) The battery of the phone should have above 80 per cent of charge.
7) The AOKP Build 6 ROM works only on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100. Applying this on incorrect variant might brick the device. Navigate to Settings>> About Phone to verify the build number of the device.
Steps to install Android 4.2.2 AOKP JB-MR1 Build 6 on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100
1) Download Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean AOKP JB-MR1 AOKP Build 6 for Galaxy Note 2 to the computer
2) Download Google Apps package
3) Connect the Galaxy Note to the computer using USB cable. Then copy both the downloaded zip files to the SD card of the device. Ensure that the files are in the SD card root but not in any folder
4) Disconnect the phone from the computer and turn it off
5) Boot the device into Recovery Mode by turning it on while pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together
6) In CWM Recovery Mode, perform a full data wiping task by selecting 'wipe data/factory reset'. Then perform a cache wipe by selecting 'wipe cache partition'
7) Perform a wipe of dalvik cache. From CWM Recovery, navigate to 'advanced' and then select 'wipe dalvik cache.'
8) Once the action is complete, go back to the main recovery menu and scroll down to 'flash zip from Sdcard.' Press the Power button to select it
9) Select 'choose zip from sdcard.' Using the Volume keys navigate to the Jelly Bean ROM zip file which was copied to the SD card. Press the Power button to select it and confirm installation on the next screen. The ROM installation should start now
10) After the ROM is installed, follow a similar procedure to install the Google Apps package
11) When the installation process is completed, navigate to "+++++Go Back+++++" and reboot the Note by selecting 'reboot system now' from main recovery menu. Wait for the device to boot up successfully
Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean AOKP JB-MR1 Build 6 should now be installed and running on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100. Navigate to Settings>> About Phone to verify the software version of the device.
Click here for step-by-step guide to install and root Android 4.1.2 XXDMD2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Note 2 N7100.