Samsung recently released the Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) update for the Wi-Fi version of the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (P3110). And now the CynogenMod team has released an Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 nightly for all three variants of the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 - P3100, P3110 and P3113.
Users looking to upgrade may follow this guide. IBTimes UK reminds its readers it will not be held responsible for damage to the device during this procedure. We warn readers these builds are only for their respective models.
- Ensure appropriate USB drivers are downloaded and USB debugging enabled
- Ensure device is rooted and ClockWorkMod (CWM) Recovery installed
- Ensure back-up of all data and particularly the EFS folder
- Ensure battery has at least 80 percent charge
- Ensure device is factory unlocked
To Install CM10.1 Android 4.2.1 Nightly on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
- Download CM 10.1 Android 4.2.1 file (versions: P3100/ P3110/P3113)
- Download Google apps package
- Connect device to computer with USB cable and copy downloaded files to SD card, without extraction
- Disconnect and switch device off
- Re-start in Recovery mode (to do so, press and hold Volume Up and Power till Samsung logo appears on screen and then release buttons to access CWM Recovery screen)
- In Recovery, perform Nandroid back-up of present ROM (to do so, select Backup and Restore > Backup and return to main Recovery menu after action is completed)
- In Recovery, perform a data wipe by selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes and return to main Recovery menu after action is completed
- Select Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose Zip from SD Card. Locate CM10.1 file and select for installation using Power
- After installation, repeat selection procedure to install Google apps package
- After installation, repeat data wipe
- From main recovery menu, select Reboot System Now (first reboot may take some time)
- Note: To return to previous ROM, boot into Recovery, select Backup and Restore > Restore and select ROM from list
The CM10.1 official nightly, based on Android 4.2.1, has now been installed and on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (P3100/P3110/P3113). Browse to Settings > About Tablet to verify software version.
[Source: Android Jinn]