Speculation is rife that the highly-anticipated Heists DLC for GTA Online will be limited to PC and next-gen consoles, while discerning GTA 5 tipster, DomisLive (aka Dom), believes otherwise.
The internet is abuzz with rumours of the Heists DLC not making its way into the current-gen consoles for a number of reasons:
- Many GTA 5 gamers believe that Rockstar is greedy with the intention of making more money and hence unlikely to support the Heists DLC on Xbox 360 and PS3 as more console sales could bring more revenues through their partnership with Sony and Microsoft.
- The second biggest reason is to promote GTA 5 sales on next-gen systems (Xbox One, PS4 and PC) with the release of Heists, as current-gen console owners would be tempted to upgrade just to play the new DLC.
- Some GTA 5 gamers also believe that there is going to be a timed release of the Heists update on next-gen before it is released for current-gen, as Rockstar intends to promote GTA 5 sales on next-gen.
On the contrary, Dom asserts that the Heists DLC is definitely coming to PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 alongside next-gen consoles for the following reasons:
- Xbox 360 and PS3 consoles have been in the market for almost a decade and hence hold the largest market share for the video games industry. In other words, it means current-gen consoles are likely to sell more copies of GTA 5 than next-gen consoles would, when GTA 5 launches in Fall.
- Another big reason why the Heists update will come to current-gen consoles is because Rockstar had announced the Heists update much earlier than the announcement of re-mastered GTA 5 release for next-gen consoles and PC in September.
- Numerous beta leaks of the Heists update have already been doing the rounds on the internet, which were reportedly found in hidden game files pertaining to Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of GTA 5.
- Not to mention, GTA 5 (current-gen) has been the best-selling game of 2013 as it made its way into the Guinness Book of World Records with the following accomplishments:
a) Fastest entertainment property to gross $1bn
b) Fastest videogame to gross $1bn
c) Best-selling videogame in 24 hours
d) Best-selling action-adventure videogame in 24 hours
e) Highest grossing videogame in 24 hours
f) Highest revenue generated by an entertainment product in 24 hours
g) Most viewed trailer for an action-adventure videogame
The tipster concludes that it would be a welcome gesture from Rockstar, if they revised the existing payout structure with the release of Heist missions for GTA Online.
The tipster assures that owners of current-gen need not worry about their budget constraints for buying the next-gen console or PC, as the Heists update is certain to release on Xbox 360 and PS3, though the exact release date is still unknown.