The RIP Hannah Thomas Jones. You will never be forgotten Facebook page has gained nearly 1000 ‘likes’. (Facebook)
The 'RIP Hannah Thomas Jones. You will never be forgotten' Facebook page has gained nearly 1,000 likes (Facebook) Facebook

Hundreds of schoolmates have paid tribute to the teenage girl who died of suspected carbon monoxide on a camping holiday.

A Facebook page, "RIP Hannah Thomas Jones. You will never be forgotten" has attracted nearly 1,000 likes. Hannah was pronounced dead at a campsite in Shropshire after suffering a cardiac arrest on 6 May.

Hannah was found unconscious along with her parents and younger brother by a relative who was staying in a neighbouring tent at the Baron at Bucknell campsite. It is thought that a disposable barbeque, found in Hannah's family's tent, was the source of the deadly carbon monoxide.

Her tribute page has been filled with messages from fellow pupils at Wilmslow High.

Francesca McKendrick wrote: "You will be missed so much, you were such a nice girl inside and out and no-one especially you, deserves to die this young, rip."

Shelby Lloyd wrote: "You are 1 in a million we wish we could turn back time,you always cheered us up when we were sad".

Another friend, Louise O'Brien, said: "Hannah I will miss u so much. Can't think how it is going to be different in school with out u xxxx"

The family were taken to the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital, where Hannah's brother Ben, 11, was reported to be stable but unwell. Her parents were out of danger.

West Mercia Police said they are not treating the death as suspicious. Investigations were continuing.

Det Insp Gavin Kinrade said: "We are treating the girl's death as unexplained but there do not appear to be any suspicious circumstances. It is therefore unlikely we will have any longer-term involvement with this incident."