Pangu, the popular Chinese jailbreak developer team, has just released its first iOS 9 untethered jailbreak for Windows computers. There is no such Mac version available yet. The veteran code crackers have confirmed that Pangu's new jailbreak still works flawlessly on Mac OS X systems with Windows Virtual Machine installed.
Those who cannot wait for Mac versions of the jailbreak tool to release, or do not have access to a Windows machine, can go ahead and install the same using Windows virtual machine on their Macs by following the step-by-step guide below.
Jailbreak iOS 9-9.0.2 untethered with Pangu 9 on Mac OS X with Windows virtual machine
Step 1: Download and install the 14-day trial version of Parallels Desktop 10, which will come in handy to jailbreak your iOS 9.x device using Pangu.
Step 2: Download Windows 8.1 Enterprise evaluation version (use link above), which comes with 90-day free trial for Windows 8.1.
Step 3: Install Windows 8.1 with Parallels Desktop 10 as follows:
- Open Parallels app and then navigate to File > New.
- Now click install Windows from DVD or Image file.
- Browse and select the Windows .ISO file you downloaded in step 2 and the install process will begin.
Step 4: Once you have started running Windows 8.1 virtual machine on your Mac, install Parallels Tools by choosing the option Action > Install Parallels Tools.
Step 5: Perform the rest of the steps as you would normally do to jailbreak your iDevice running iOS 9.x on Windows. Here are the steps:
- Download the latest version of the Pangu jailbreak using the download link provided above.
- Connect your device to computer via the USB cable.
- Enable Airplane mode and then disable Passcode from Settings > Touch ID & Passcode.
- Turn off Find my iPhone from Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone.
- Launch the Pangu app as Administrator. Right Click on the Pangu.exe and select "Run as Administrator" option.
- Wait until Pangu detects your device and then click on the blue Start button.
- Click on Already Backup to proceed with jailbreaking process.
- It will install the Pangu app along with the WWDC app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Your iOS device should now reboot, and Pangu will prompt you to enable AirPlane mode.
- At 75% of jailbreaking progress, you will see a prompt to unlock your device and run the Pangu app. At this moment just launch the Pangu app from the Home screen.
- When prompted, tap on the Accept button, to give access to the Photos app. Tap on Allow when you get another prompt on your iPhone.
- Wait until the jailbreak progress bar reaches 100% and then your iPhone or iPad will reboot.
- Once the jailbreak completes, the Pangu tool notifies you that your device is "Already Jailbroken" and you will see the Cydia icon on your home screen.
For further assistance check out the video tutorial posted below:
[Source: iPhone Hacks]