Google's Android 5.0 (Lollipop) OS update has finally started rolling out to users of LG L90 smartphones. LG L90 is a pure mid-range smartphone that was released last year and the handset currently runs Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating platform out of the box.
The latest Android Lollipop rollout to LG L90 has begun from India, and according to a GSMArena report, the rollout will go global very shortly.
This means that LG L90 owners would need to check their smartphones for newer over-the-air (OTA) update notifications which could very well be the Android Lollipop firmware upgrade.
Users of LG L90, both in India as well as worldwide should be able to observe Android Lollipop OS update in the form of a bulky 780MB file via OTA.
Since Google's Android Lollipop is known to offer a brand new Material-design user interface (UI) to smartphones, users of LG L90 can check out for the refreshed UI.
However, the GSMArena report does not make any mention of the specific list of new features that the Lollipop OS update offers to LG L90 users, but these aspects are expected to be in line with the general set of enhancements that Android Lollipop offers.
General new key functionality list of the Android Lollipop OS update:
- Material Design UI: Material design offers fluid animations, vivid coloured themes and 3D-Views.
- New lockscreen notification control: View and respond to messages directly from lock screen. Includes the ability to hide sensitive content for these notifications.
- Battery Saver: Battery saver feature that extends device use by up to 90 minutes.
- New Quick Settings: Users can get to the most frequently used settings with just two swipes down from the top of the screen, along with using new handy controls like flashlight, hotspot, screen rotation and cast screen controls. Easier on/off toggles for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and location.
- OK Google voice command: Users can talk to Google on the go to get quick answers, send texts, get directions and more.