Newly crowned world champion Marc Marquez took pole during the 2016 Australian Grand Prix. His first flying lap was a 1m32.239s and fastest by 0.851 seconds, during the qualifying session at the Phillip Island on 22 October.
Where to watch live
The race starts at 6am BST with live coverage in the UK available on BT Sport 2 and BT Sport 2 HD. Real-time internet updates will be available on MotoGP's official website.
After Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo crashed out of the Japanese Grand Prix, Marquez was given a chance to clinch the title and the Honda rider made no mistake to seal his third championship.
The 23-year-old Spaniard continued his form in Australia and was the fastest in the qualifying session, with a time of 1:30.189s. Britain star and LCR rider Cal Crutchlow was second, 0.792s behind Marquez.
His former Tech 3 teammate Pol Espargaro was third and he will join Cructhlow and Marquez in the front grid. Espargaro clocked a time of Espargaro and his compatriot Aleix Espargaro will start Sunday's race from the fourth spot.
Nicky Hayden, who is featuring in the second race of the season was fifth with his Honda bike. The American replaced injured Dani Pedrosa.
Top 10 qualifying times from Twin Phillip Island:
1. Marc Marquez (Esp) Honda 1:30.189s
2. Cal Crutchlow (GBR) LCR 1:30.981s
3. Pol Espargaro (Esp) Tech 3 c
4. Aleix Espargaro (Esp) Suzuki 1:31.673s
5. Jack Miller (Aus) Estrella 1:31.754s
6. Danilo Petrucci (Ita) Pramac 1:32.420s
7. Nicky Hayden (USA) Honda 1:32.944s
8. Stefan Bradl (ger) Aprilia 1:33.015s
9. Andrea Dovizioso (Ita) Ducati 1:33.090s
10. Hector Barbera (Esp) Ducati 1:33.914s