A new Android 4.4.2 KitKat stock firmware build with base version N9005XXUEND3 is now available to download for the LTE variant of the Galaxy Note 3 bearing model number SM-N9005. There is not much information about the major changes in this build but, it is expected to bring minor software updates with small changes along with bug fixes.
Model: Galaxy Note 3 LTE (SM-N9005)
Version: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
Build date: 14 April
Product Code: PHN
The new stock firmware build is for the Note 3 LTE users from the Netherlands who can install the firmware via OTA as well as Samsung Kies server. Those who are from firmware supported regions can also install the update.
Note 3 users who failed to update their devices using either of the official methods for being region-specific may follow our step-by-step guide to install the same using Odin flashing tool.
Note that N9005XXUEND3 is an unbranded version of firmware and can be installed on any unlocked SM-9005 unit, regardless of country and region.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device. Before installing the official firmware, users are advised to verify their devices meet the following requirements.
1) Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to connect the Android device with the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>> About phone. Tap on Build Number several times until a message appears saying 'You are now a Developer.' Now enable USB Debugging Mode by navigating to Settings>> Developer Options.]
3) As the tutorial is likely to wipe off all data from the phone, create a backup. If the device has any custom recoveries such as CWM or TWRP installed then back up data using the recovery.
4) If the Android device powers off due to lack of battery during the installation process, it could damage the device. Therefore, the Galaxy Note should have above 80% battery charge.
5) The device should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
6) The phone will lose custom ROM with the installation of official firmware. Additionally, the custom recovery will be replaced by stock version.
7) The device will no longer belong to a rooted version with the installation of official firmware.
8) N9005XXUEND3 Android 4.4 2 KitKat works only with LTE version of Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005. As flashing this on any other variant might brick the device, verify the model number of Note 3 by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number.
How to install N9005XXUEND3 Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Galaxy Note 3 LTE (SM-N9005)
Step-1: Extract the downloaded firmware zip using winrar/7zip/winzip or any extracting tool
Step-2: Extract Odin zip to get Odin3 v3.09.exe
Step-3: Switch off Galaxy Note 3
Step-4: Boot the phone into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Home buttons together then press the Power button. You should see Samsung logo or, red and yellow text in the screen
Note: Ensure that Galaxy Note 3 USB drivers are installed on the computer.
Step-5: Run Odin on computer as an Administrator
Step-6: Connect the Note 3 to computer using USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the phone is connected one of the ID: COM boxes in Odin will turn blue with the COM port number
Step-7: Select these files extracted from the N9005XXUEND3 folder to install on the phone
a) Click on AP button and select the file with AP in its name
b) Click on CP button and select file with MODEM in its name
c) Click on CSC button and select file with CSC in its name
d) Click the PIT button and select .pit file
Note: Ignore the last three steps (step-b, c and d) if such files do not exist.
Step-8: Verify Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin. Uncheck Re-Partition option and select it only when a .pit file is used
Step-9: Click the Start button in Odin to begin the installation
Step-10: When the installation process is completed, the phone will restart automatically. When the home screen appears, unplug the USB cable safely from the phone to disconnect it from the computer
The new N9005XXUEND3 Android 4.4.2 firmware should now be installed on the Galaxy Note 3. Navigate to Settings>> About phone to verify the new software version running on the handset.
Interested users who wish to root the phone running any Android 4.4.2 firmware, may follow our step-by-step guide to root Galaxy Note 3 N900/N9005 on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat and install CWM recovery.
How to fix bootloop issue
After flashing the firmware, if the Galaxy Note 3 gets stuck at boot animation or bootloop (after step-10), place the device into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together. In recovery mode, perform data wiping task by selecting Wipe data/factory reset then select Wipe Cache Partition. Now reboot the phone by selecting reboot system now. In recovery mode, use Volume keys to scroll between options and Power button to select the desired option. Note that performing wiping task will erase the phone's internal memory data.
[Source: Team Android]