Paco Alcacer
Luis Enrique wants Paco Alcacer to complete Barcelona's summer overhaul Getty

Barcelona chief Albert Soler has confirmed that Valencia striker Paco Alcacer is likely to move to the Nou Camp before the end of the transfer window. The club's director of sporting institutional relations admitted that both clubs are now in negotiations to complete the deal but it is not yet a done deal.

The 22-year-old striker emerged as Barcelona's top target to bolster Luis Enrique's attack earlier this month after the club was repeatedly knocked back by the likes of Luciano Vietto, Kevin Gameiro, Gabriel Jesus, Nolito, Hatem Ben Arfa or Ousmane Dembele due to their reluctance to play second fiddle to the MSN triumvirate of Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar.

However, Alcacer is likely to accept that back-up role for a move to the Nou Camp and earlier this week a number of reports in his homeland revealed that the player asked Valencia president Layhoon Chan to let him go.

Both the president and manager Paco Ayestaran have reiterated that neither Alcacer nor Arsenal target Shkodran Mustafi will be sold.

However, recent reports have indicated the opposite, as the German centre-back is said to be on the verge of joining the Gunners while Alcacer will depart to Barcelona.

Mundo Deportivo reported on Thursday (25 August) that Barcelona and Valencia were finalising the last terms of the deal expected to be worth €30m plus a further €2m in add-ons.

Soler has also admitted negotiations were on track, as Alcacer wants to join the La Liga giants and they want him to make the move.

"You know that in the world of football nothing is certain until it is signed. It is true that the player (Alcacer) has expressed his willingness to come to the club. It is true that Barcelona are interested in the player," Soler said during an interview with Onda Cero. "But now we are in negotiations (with Valencia) and until we finalise these negotiations we cannot say anything."

Twitter