The latest official XXLE1 Android 2.3.6 (Gingerbread) firmware is already out for Galaxy Mini2. After installing the firmware users may wish to root their device to allow them to access several tweaks and install roots.
Users looking to root the Galaxy Mini 2 can check out the guide below but IBTimes UK reminds readers it will not be held responsible for damage to the device during installation. Remember this guide works only on the Galaxy Mini 2 (model number S6500) running XXLE1 Android 2.3.6 version.
To do list:
- Ensure your device is left with a minimum of 80 percent battery charge
- Enable USB debugging and install all USB drivers
- Ensure all important data is backed up
- Ensure device is factory unlocked
To root XXLE1 Gingerbread firmware on Galaxy Mini 2:
- Download CWM Recovery (clockworkmod-184.108.40.206.tar.md5) + Download RootMe.zip package to your computer
- Download Odin v1.85
- Turn off the phone and enter to Download mode (you can do so by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power key until you see the Samsung logo on the screen)
- Open Odin on your PC and connect the phone to PC while it is in the Download mode
- On successful connection, you will see that one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow
- Choose file that has to be flashed/installed on your phone. These files will be found from the extracted files in step 1. Click on PDA and choose file clockworkmod-220.127.116.11.tar.md5
- Check the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options in the Odin
- In Odin, click on Start button to begin the installation process
- Your phone will now restart. Unplug your device from PC and turn it off once again and boot into Recovery mode
- Extract the RunMe.zip file and then run the RunMe.bat file
- Follow the onscreen instructions, you will mow see the Recovery mode menu. Now, choose reboot system now. Your device will reboot
Your Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 should now be rooted on Android 2.3.6 XXLE1 software version.
[Source: Team Android]