AT&T have released a software update for HTC One (M8) users in the US.
Meanwhile, on 26 January, AT&T announced the roll-out of the latest update and stated that it is available for HTC One (M8) smartphones bearing model number 0P6B120 via Firmware Over The Air (FOTA).
The latest update brings along the following changes:
- HD Voice is enabled
- Android OS to Android 4.4.4 updated with Security and Bluetooth enhancements
- AMBS Cloud Messaging feature Integrated
- Copy and Paste camera functionality added
- Usage Manager App integrated
- Overall battery performance enhanced
- AT&T Ready2Go feature updated
- Visual Voicemail functionality upgraded
HTC One (M8) users can manually search and install the latest update as well.
How to manually install the update on AT&T driven HTC One (M8) smartphones:
- To initiate the update manually, drag down the notification bar, and tap on Settings
- Scroll to and tap AT&T Software update > Check for updates.
- Follow the on-screen prompts
Verifying the update
- Drag down the notification bar, and select Settings.
- Scroll and tap About.
- Select Software information.
- Tap More.
- The following information should display:
- Android version: 4.4.4
- Software number: 3.42.502.1
- Baseband version: 4.0.U606061 @4 21 6A_40.34.C35006.02_F
- Kernel version: 3.4.0-g931 e842 and@ ABM102 #1 SMP PREEMPT
- Build number: 3.42.502.1 CL441 323 release-key