Festivals in India have a deep connection with relationships and Raksha Bandhan is one such. This Hindu festival is special as it honours and celebrates the affectionate bond between brothers and sisters.
The festival is usually marked by tying a "Rakhi" — a sacred thread or an intricately-designed band — around the wrist of a brother by his sister. The brother vows to protect his sister at all times. The siblings then pray for each other's well-being and goodwill as part of the celebrations.
On the special occasion of Raksha Bandhan (18 August) IBTimes UK has compiled a list of quotes and messages to share with your friends and siblings.
Top 5 quotes to send on Raksha Bandhan
- Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of. You know whatever you do, they'll still be there. - Amy Li
- ·Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow. - Benjamin Disraeli
- ·Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero. – Marc Brown
- Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet. – Vietnamese Proverb
- As we grew up, my brothers acted like they didn't care, but I always knew they looked out for me and were there! - Catherine Pulsifer
Best messages to share on Raksha Bandhan
- You were always my best friend, looking out for me, making sure the path I travelled on was smooth. Even if I searched the world over, there cannot be a better brother than you. Wishing you life's best always.
- Rakhi is the combination of five meaningful words. R: rock strong relationship. A: acceptance all along. K: kindness to the core. H: heart-warming presence. I: idealistic relationship. Happy Raksha Bandhan.
- No matter the distance between us, my Rakhi will always reach on time, to be tied on the wrist of my loving brother with the heart-warming wishes of joy and happiness to illuminate your life.
- The pious occasion of Raksha Bandhan reminds me of the days when we were kids. We fought and made up easily. Those lovely days can't come back but will always stay in my heart. Missing you darling brother on this Raksha Bandhan.
- There is a little boy inside the man who is my brother. Oh, how I hated that little boy and how I love him too. Happy Raksha Bandhan.