Samsung Galaxy S2 owners can now upgrade their smartphone to Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) with XXLQ5 firmware. Courtesy of SamMobile, the firmware for the international variant of Galaxy S2 is available for download. According to Android Authority, users have reported that the firmware is certainly faster and smoother. The build reportedly works without any major issues.
Take a look at the steps below on how to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy S2 to Android 4.0.4 build XXLQ5. IBTimes UK warns readers there is a risk of data damage and advises interested users to proceed at their own risk. IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any consequences.
Pre-requisites: The procedure is compatible with Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-i9100. Hence do not try it on other devices. You can check the build number by navigating to Settings > About phone. Users are advised to make a back-up of all data and APN settings. Ensure that your device's battery is charged up to 75 percent or more.
- Download firmware build XXLQ5 and extract the contents of the file I9100XXLQ5_I9100OXALQ5_OXA.zip. Extract below files:
- Download Odin3 1.85 and extract the file to get Odin v1.85.exe file
- Launch Odin on your PC
- Turn off your phone and put it on Download mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons until screen turns on. Now press Volume Up button to put on Download mode
- Connect your phone to PC via USB cable
- Inside Odin, click on PDA button and choose I9100_CODE_I9100XXLQ5_CL753921_ REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5 file
- Click on phone button and choose MODEM_I9100XXLQ5_REV_02_CL1165929.tar.md5 file
- Click on CSC button and choose GT-I9100-MULTI-CSC-OXALQ5.tar.md5 file
- Inside Odin click Start button to begin flashing the firmware
- After flash completes, your device will reboot by itself. On flashing, you will get a "PASS" message on Odin
You have now installed Android 4.0.4 build XXLQ5 on your Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100.
[Information Courtesy: Android Authority]