Zinedine Zidane gave an abrupt response when asked about recent reports claiming Real Madrid are set to sign Kepa Arrizabalaga from Athletic Bilbao ahead of the second half of the season.

The French manager currently has two goalkeepers at his disposal in the form of Keylor Navas and Kiko Casilla, with third choice Luca on the sidelines having undergone a shoulder operation last month.

Earlier this week, Marca reported that Real plan to sign Kepa once the transfer window reopens in January to provide competition for Navas ahead of the second half of the season.

The Spanish publication said that the 12-time European champions are willing to pay a fee in excess of his €20m (£17.6m, $23.5m) release clause to complete the move with the 23-year-old goalkeeper ready to sign a six-year deal worth €2.5m a year in wages.

Radio station Cadena Cope later added that the decision only needs Zidane's approval, after in the summer the Real boss reportedly blocked the pursuit of Manchester United's David De Gea following dressing room advice to stick with Navas.

Cope added that Real also plan to make a move to sign Chelsea star Thibaut Courtois - even if they bring Kepa to the club in January.

Zidane has failed to deny that speculation after pointing out that Real are only focusing on the semi-final of the Fifa Club World Cup to be played against Al Jazira in the on Wednesday (13 December).

Questioned ahead of the game whether he could guarantee that Kepa won't join Real during the upcoming January transfer window, a fuming Zidane replied: "But you're telling me one thing that ... well ... I'm not here to talk about that. I'm here to talk about the game and nothing else. The rest... We are here with the players and I do not think about anything else."

Marcelo was more open over the speculation, however, claiming that Real should always aim to sign the best players around.

"Kepa? I'm happy with the squad that we've got right now. There's a good mix of youngsters and experienced heads, but I'm not the one whose job it is to sign new players," Marcelo said in the press conference ahead of the clash with Al Jazira.

"But Real Madrid have to have the best players and if anyone does come in, that'll be welcome. I'm delighted and am really happy with the squad we've got here."