The Cannes Film Festival is often the hotbed of the latest in style, fashion and couture. Some celebrities pick absolutely the perfect outfit, make-up and accessories, while some others are not so fortunate.
Check out the top fashion blunders from the 65th International Cannes Film Festival
- Sonam Kapoor - The Indian actress needs a wardrobe make-over. Her debut at Cannes, last year, went very well - she wore a stunning white Jean Paul Gaultier couture gown that suited her. This time, she got it all wrong. "What made Sonam Kapoor choose that hideous black satin voluminous gown with polka dots from Naeem Khan Collection? Worse was the bright red off shoulder Dolce & Gabbana dress that didn't help her anyway to look even closer to Cindrella. Adding to the disaster was another ordinary dress that she picked for a shoot at Cannes - green checkered top with brown knee length skirt. And the vintage Alexander McQueen lace gown she wore for the concluding day also didn't get down well with the audiences," Hotklix reported.
- Kalki Koechlin - The actress hailed as the new face of Indian cinema did not do her reputation any good. Present for the promotion of Gangs of Wasseypur, Koechlin wore a nude Dior gown, an over-sized necklace and carried a Dior clutch. Sheseemedrather over dressed
- Delphine Chaneac: On the sixth day of Cannes, Delphine Chaneac surprised spectators by turning up in a white shirt and pants. Given that Cannes is generally linked to femininity and beauty, Chaneac's casual look did not really go down well.
- Jane Fonda: The veteran actress dazzled on the opening days but a sparkling red gown - a sequined Roberto Cavalli couture design - undid all the good work of the Atelier Versace and Stella McCartney pieces from the first two days. Worn for the premiere of Madagascar 3 and styledby Tanya Gill, Fonda looked somewhere incomplete.
- Asia Argento: The sultry actress did look pretty in a small white frock for the promotion of her film Dracula 3D but definitely was not dressed for Cannes. The dress was a bit toorevealingwhen the actress posed for the photo calls.