People around the world are eagerly waiting to celebrate Christmas on 25 December. The Christian holiday marks the birth of Jesus Christ. IBTimes UK has hand-picked 10 quotes to share with family and friends on the day.
- "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" – Charles Dickens
- "Christmas is a season not only of rejoicing but of reflection." – Winston Churchill
- "The only really blind person at Christmas time is he who has not Christmas in his heart" – Helen Keller
- "God never gives someone a gift they are not capable of receiving. If he gives us the gift of Christmas, it is because we all have the ability to understand and receive it." – Pope Francis
- "Santa Claus has the right idea. Visit people only once a year" – Victor Borge
- "My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?" – Bob Hope
- "That's the true spirit of Christmas; people being helped by people other than me." – Jerry Seinfeld
- "Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts." – Janice Maeditere
- "He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree." – Roy L. Smith
- "Let's just say that on this day, a million years ago, a dude was born who most of us think was magic. But others don't, and that's cool. But we're probably right. Amen." – Homer Simpson
Five Christmas and New Year SMS messages
- It's the month of Cakes & Candles, Snow & Songs, Carols & Joy, Laughter & Love, It's December. Merry Christmas! Have a warm and cosy holiday.
- May this day bring with itself joy and laughter, a delight to savour. Here's wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
- The Magic of Christmas never ends and its greatest of gifts are family and friends. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
- May you have the spirit of Christmas which is Peace, the gladness of Christmas which is Hope, and the Heart of Christmas which is Love.
- With all good wishes to you and your family for health and happiness throughout the coming year. Have a wonderful holiday season!