With the 1.0.2 update eliminating the Bullet King Loot Cave exploit, agents have been scouring the Dark Zone in Tom Clancy's: The Division for new tricks to quickly obtain Phoenix Credits to exchange for High-End weapons – and they may have found it with a glitch in the Police Academy mission.
To perform the exploit you will need to have reached level 30 and have unlocked the Mobile Cover Extension mod. It also helps to have a character who is reasonably capable of taking on the Hard difficulty setting if you want do the mission solo, but as ever in The Division it is easier to group up with a team of friends/online matchmaking partners in PvE.
Without further ado, onto the instructions for what the YouTube community is dubbing 'BulletKing 2.0':
- Begin the Police Academy mission on Hard difficulty.
- Head to the mission marker, but once you arrive go directly across from the marker towards a set of closed double doors adjacent to a sign that reads 'Park'.
- Equip your mobile cover and throw it towards the centre of the doors at a 45 degree angle.
- Move into cover along the wall and then snap to cover onto the mobile cover.
- If done correctly you will now be able to slide along the mobile cover and glitch through the closed doors.
- Head over the counter and open window in front and enter a sports hall.
- Activate the echo device in the middle of the room – as soon as the echoes appear turn around and head back to the previous room and briefly listen to Faye Lau on the nearby computers.
- After she finishes talking access the security system and wait in the room you initially came in as the LMB ambush approaches.
- As soon as you have eliminated the ambush head up the scaffolding across the street where a helicopter will begin landing.
- Drop a flashbang in front of the landing helicopter (next to the side you came up) and detonate when you the named rogue agent Scarecrow gets out.
- Use this to quickly kill him, loot the items he drops (usually purple Superior gear) and clean up the area of any remaining enemies to complete the mission and receive a small amount of Phoenix Credits.
In total this trick takes between 5-10 minutes on Hard difficulty depending on your ability level, although the glitch cuts out a sizeable portion of the mission, which makes it perfect farming material so you can spend Phoenix Credits on High-End gear, blueprints and weapons at the DZ6 vendor. You will also gather a fair amount of weapon parts, mods, tools, materials and electronics through repeating the mission alone.
You can see the exploit in action in the below video:
(Thanks to IBTimes UK reader Logan Estis for pointing out the new exploit)