Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P5100 users are among the few to get their tablets featured in the supported devices list for AOKP. The latest version of Android 4.1.2 AOKP Milestone 1 ROM is the most stable release yet, and brings a plethora of exciting features as part of the newest Jelly Bean firmware. Installation of this ROM requires ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) to be pre-installed on your Galaxy Tab.
Android 4.1.2 AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean Features
- Adjustable NavBar width for Tablets
- Allow "Vibrate on Touch" behavior for Slide unlock
- Toggles can be hidden like in ICS - long press on the Settings button!
- Clickable (short & long configurable) Clock and Calendar in theNotificationSlider
- The AOKP Milestone 1 ROM and the instructions provided in this ROM are applicable only to the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 model only and will not work on any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Verify that the correct USB drivers are installed on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 to enable connectivity with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 USB drivers.
- Enable USB debugging mode by navigating to Settings > Applications > Development and check the USB debugging option.
- Make sure that your phone battery is at least 85 percent charged to prevent unexpected device shut down (due to battery drain) while flashing the AOKP Milestone 1 ROM on your Galaxy Tab 2 P5100.
- Users are advised to back up apps, important data and settings to avoid data loss while installing the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update.
- Ensure that your tablet is factory unlocked, rooted and ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) installed on it before proceeding with the AOKP Milestone 1 ROM installation procedure.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not support any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of using this firmware update. Users are cautioned to proceed at their own risk.
How to Update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 (Wi-Fi + 3G) to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean with AOKP Milestone 1 ROM
Step 1 - Download Android 4.1.2 AOKP Milestone 1 Jelly Bean ROM and Google Apps for Galaxy Tab 2 P5100 on your computer.
Step 2 - Connect and mount your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 USB mass storage on your computer with an USB cable.
Step 3 - Copy the downloaded Android 4.1.2 ROM zip and Google Apps zip files to the root folder on your SD card.
Step 4 - Power off your tablet and disconnect the USB cable from the computer.
Step 5 - Press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons together until the phone boots into CWM Recovery.
Step 6 - In CWM recovery, do a full data wipe first. Then navigate to the flash zip from SD card option and tap the Power button to select it.
Step 7 - Hit the Power button again and click choose zip from sdcard.
Step 8 - Use the volume keys to navigate to the Android 4.1.2 ROM zip file that you copied to your phone's SD card and select it using the Power button. Confirm the ROM installation on next screen and the installation procedure should begin.
NOTE: Repeat this step for installing Google Apps as well.
Step 9 - Once both the ROM and Google Apps are installed, hit Go Back and tap Reboot System Now in the recovery menu. The tablet will reboot now and the first boot may take about 5 minutes to complete. So, leave it alone.
AOKP Milestone 1 ROM based Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean is now successfully installed on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100. Go to Settings > About phone to verify the firmware version installed.
[Source: Team Android]