A discerning GTA 5 tipster, DomisLive, has revealed some smart tips and tricks for drifting with best cars and custom suspension in GTA Online.
The tipster shares his experience with insane stunts in the game, while talking about buying the best cars for drifting in GTA Online.
Here is a look at the top cars for drifting in GTA Online:
- The first car in the list is the Karin Futo (sports car), which can be found freely on the streets in GTA 5. The car is fully customisable and tailor-made for drifting, if not it is the best in the game.
- Next up in the list is the Benefactor Schwartzer (2-door car), which is available for $80,000 (both online and offline) via Southernsanandreassuperautos.com.
- Now that you have chosen you car based on your budget, let's take a look at the top customisation options that enhance the drifting capability of your car.
How to Customise Karin Futo
- Firstly ensure that your car's body armour is upgraded all the way up to 100% (this item will be unlocked at rank 100). Note: To do this, you can level up quickly by playing the Rooftop Rumble mission.
- Now choose Racing Brakes as the custom option for Brakes (requires you to win 40 races in the racing class).
- Upgrade the car's exhaust with the custom part Race Exhaust.
- Upgrade the engine with EMS upgrade level 4 (unlocked after you win 44 races in this class).
- Install the Roll Cage and Chassis Upgrade (optional). It should not make much of a difference in terms of performance, but it could improve the car handling to some extent.
- Leave all other options at their default and move on to suspension.
- Choose Competition Suspension from the list which improves both handling and performance of your car to a great extent.
- Install the Turbo Transmission for maximum acceleration and optimum engine performance at top speeds.
- Tip #1: Avoid installing Bullet Proof tyres, as it cannot be replaced once installed and you will be required to sell off your car just to get rid of it.
- Just install any custom tyres and wheels that suit your taste and you are done with customising your car.
- Tip #2: Drive your car out of the garage and keep shooting at each of the four tyres until their air pressure drops down by two levels (watch the video for details).
The combination of using the best suspension for racing cars and the reduced air pressure of the tyres will make your car hug the ground as it moves.
In other words, your car will now flaunt the least clearance under the chassis that helps in achieving maximum drift without losing control of your car.
Tips and Tricks to Get the Perfect Drift
- Keep tapping the RB button or A key for handbrake on Xbox 360 as you turn corners to achieve the perfect drift.
- Use R1 or X button for handbrake on the PS3 as you drift across corners.
Check out the video below: