Rockstar Games has finally released the official launch trailer for the highly-anticipated Heist DLC while announcing that Heists will be coming out in early 2015.
The new launch trailer details the four-player co-op mode for GTA Online that allows players to plan, prepare and execute multi-tiered Heists across Los Santos and Blaine County, according to a recent post on Rockstar Newswire.
Check out the new GTA Online Heists launch trailer below:
Meanwhile, renowned YouTuber DomisLive (aka Dom) has shared some useful tips and tricks to set up Heists along with a detailed description of various roles involved, and how to set them up for your own advantage during Heist missions.
How Does Heist Missions Work?
Here is a brief explanation of how Heist missions work in GTA Online:
- Each Heist mission requires up to four players who are at rank 12 or above in order to qualify for the job, wherein one player is the designated Heists leader.
- The leader will qualify for this challenging role only if he owns a high-end apartment so that it has a dedicated planning board room for planning and executing each Heist mission with precision.
- As a Heist leader, you will be going through a mixed bag of experience that includes both advantages and disadvantages.
- On the upside, the Heist leader will be the one who receives first hand information from Lester regarding a Heist job, and he owns the privilege of selecting players into the crew, assigning positions based on their criminal record and special abilities, picking unique outfits for each mission and allocating each player's pay cut at the end of every Heist mission.
- On the downside, the Heist leader has to bear all the setup costs including mission expenses to buy combat suits, weapons, vehicles, explosives and participation fees in order to play Heists and be successful with the mission.
- Unlike the leader, all participating crew members get cash pay-outs for each prep mission, while the leader has to wait for his pay cut until the grand finale for that mission is complete.
- There is also an option to constantly switch between the roles of a crew member and the Heist leader to enjoy the gameplay experience from both worlds. This will also aid players in honing new skills and getting combat ready for bigger and tougher missions in the game.
- Some missions require players to work together as a unit, while others demand players to perform various tasks individually to accomplish the final team goal.
- For instance, some missions require the team to fight off the cop-resistance together before they chalk out an exit plan and in some specific missions players need to use their special abilities such as hacking, stealth break-ins and sniping.
Though the gameplay elements in Heist missions seem to be captivating and challenging, avid GTA 5 gamers could be disappointed with the fact that Heists DLC is not coming out until early 2015.