More wildlife and improved weather are just two of the "astounding changes" that Rockstar has made to the impending next gen and PC version of Grand Theft Auto V.
According to a post on video game forum NeoGAF Rockstar gave a 45-minute presentation to retailers at the GameStop conference in Anaheim behind closed doors in which it boasted that its goal was to push the Xbox One and PS4 as far as the Xbox 360 and PS3 with the original release.
Rockstar also reportedly showed off 30 minutes of gameplay.
Here's what the user had to say about what they saw.
1. I saw this at the GameStop managers conference in Anaheim. Rockstar gave a 45 minute closed doors presentation.
2. They showed us multiple locals. The city, underwater areas, country side etc.
3. Foliage has been completely reworked. Tree barks been redone, individual grass blades, wild flowers etc. This applies to underwater areas as well. Completely reworked coral reefs and underwater plants.
4. Draw distance now is INSANE. One example they showed us was the main city at night. They showed it on PS3 first and showed us how all lighting at a distance was pre baked. In the remaster its all pre loaded in real time and is dynamic. You can see lights and traffic flow from massive distances.
5. Water rendering system has been completely redone. Rivers / Ocean / rain are gorgeous
6. No release date given. They simply said soon.
7. Animal texture work has been 100 % re done.
8. Anti Aliasing looked great with little to no jaggies. Looked 1080p to me. It was demoed on PS4.
9. Promised "new" content. One example was new songs / soundtrack / radio stations.
10. Best remaster I've seen by far. I literally gasped at the differences.
They then answered some questions from users on the forum.
1. Character models have been improved for sure.
2. Street detail is massively improved. Rain water now pools up on the road and honestly reminded me of Infamous Second Sons wet roads.
3. Animal and Wildlife count has been upped. They specifically mentioned how much they learned from Red Dead Remption and the original GTA5 and wanted to improve animal interactions even more.
4. Animals now sport actual fur. As in strands of hair that stick out from the actual body not just flat textures like in the original release.
5. I believe this has been in development since before GTA5s actual release as they said its been heavily worked on for over a year. Believe me you can tell. This is a complete remaster not just an uprezzed port. A huge chunk of staff have to be working on this.
There has been rampant speculation about when the re-release would hit the shops, with rumours of a delay until 2015 seemingly snuffed out by multiple leaks from retailers which promised a November release.
Rockstar has yet to confirm when the game will be released.