TaiG has just rolled out its latest jailbreak tool (v2.2.0) for iOS 8.4, close on the heels of Apple releasing its latest iteration of iOS software, the iOS 8.4.
Meanwhile, the internet is abuzz with news of the PP jailbreak developer team releasing yet another jailbreak for iOS 8.4, based on TaiG's jailbreak code.
The changelog for TaiG v2.2.0 suggests that the new jailbreak supports all iDevices running iOS 8.1.3-8.4. Interested users who wish to jailbreak iOS 8.4 can go ahead and accomplish the task, using the step-by-step guide posted below.
Note: Like all previous releases, the TaiG 2.2.0 is exclusively a Windows-only jailbreak tool and requires the Windows virtual machine to run the same on Mac OS X computers.
- Back up important data and settings on your device via iTunes, before you proceed
- Ensure that you have disabled Find My iPhone, passcode lock and location services from the device's settings
- Enable Airplane mode on your iOS device
- Verify that your iOS device is recognised in iTunes on the computer, before running the TaiG tool
Key points to remember
- TaiG jailbreak is an untethered jailbreak.
- TaiG 2.2.0 tool can jailbreak iOS 8.4, 8.3, 8.2 and 8.1.3.
- Back up important data and settings on your device via iCloud or iTunes including all personal information that you need. The jailbreak has been reported to be extremely stable.
- Disable any security software including anti-virus programs or firewalls temporarily as it could prevent TaiG jailbreak from connecting to the internet.
- If there is a warning of "Storage Almost Full", please run Cydia.
- If jailbreak failed, turn off WIFI and try again. If failed again, please use TaiG Pro to restore and try to jailbreak again.
Steps to jailbreak iOS 8.4 with TaiG 2.2.0 on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
Step 1: Download TaiG 2.2.0 for Windows, save and extract it to your computer's desktop
Step 2: Connect your device running iOS 8.4 to computer via USB cable
Step 3: Temporarily disable Passcode via Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and turn off Find my iPhone via Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone
Step 4: Launch TaiG 2.2.0 as an Administrator by right-clicking on TaiG.exe and choosing Run as administrator.
Step 5: TaiG will detect your device after some time. Once you confirm that it is showing the correct firmware version, uncheck the 3K Assistant 2.3.0 (TaiG's App Store), just below the option for Cydia 1.1.18.
Step 6: Hit the green Start button to proceed and you will see the circular progress bar.
Step 7: Once the jailbreak is complete, your device will reboot automatically. At this moment, you should see the Cydia icon on the Home screen along with the message reading 'Jailbreak Succeeded!'
Note: It is imperative to re-enable the passcode and Find My iPhone feature after successfully jailbreaking your device. In case you face any issues while jailbreaking, check out our troubleshooting steps posted here.
For further assistance, check out the video tutorial below:
[Source: iPhone Hacks]