The XDA developers' forum has relased a new ROM that brings Android's Ice Cream Sandwich version 4.0.4 to users of the international version of the HTC One X smartphone.
The MaXimus v2.2 ROM, built on the latest RUU 2.15.401.5, is a 560MB download that offers significant improvements over previous versions, improved speed, a new kernel and bug fixes.
The ROM also adds updates to programs including Adobe Reader (10.3.1), Adobe Flash Player (22.214.171.124), Google Play (3.7.15), Gmail (4.1.2), Google Plus (3.0.1), Dropbox (2.1.8), Facebook (1.9.7), YouTube (4.0.23), Google Maps (6.9.0), Google Streets (126.96.36.199) and Twitter (3.3.1).
Check out the instructions to update HTC One X to Android 4.0.4. IBTimes UK cautions users that the ROM and installation methods are compatible only with the international version of the HTC One X. We remind users to back up important data and APN settings before attempting this upgrade.
Steps to Install Android 4.0.4 with maXimus V2.2 Based on RUU 2.15.401.5 for HTC One X
- Unlock bootloader on HTC One X and install ClockWorkMod (CWM) recovery.
- Download latest copy of ROM and copy to SD card of device.
- Use Android Fastboot Kit in order to install new boot.img.
- Navigate to Recover and boot into CWM Recovery mode.
- Select Wipe Data > Factory Reset and confirm data wipe.
- Navigate to SD card with downloaded ROM and start installation.
- Upon complete, reboot HTC One X into new ROM.
Congratulations… the HTC One X is now running Android 4.0.4 with maXimus V2.2 based on RUU 2.15.401.5.