Apple has just rolled out the fifth Beta iteration of iOS 7 (with build number 11A4449A) for developers via its Developer Program. Contrary to earlier expectations that iOS 7 Beta 5 would arrive on 12 August in line with the release pattern, the company has released the new firmware update in just about a week's time following the iOS 7 Beta 4 release on 29 July.
iOS 7 Beta 5 is now available for download and installation via Over-The-Air (OTA) update as well as through iOS Dev Center. The OTA update is reportedly supported for the following iOS devices:
- iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4
- iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2 and iPad mini
- iPod touch 5G
Apple recognised developers enjoy the exclusive privilege of downloading and testing the iOS 7 Beta iterations first hand via iOS Dev Center. However, there is good news for non-developers, who can download and install the latest Beta iteration of iOS 7 manually (without UDID or developer account), using our step-by-step guide.
iOS 7 Beta 5 Feature Enhancements and Bug-Fixes
Here are some of the noteworthy feature enhancements and bug-fixes ported into iOS 7 Beta 5:
- The install screen matches the colour of youriPhonebezel, withtheAppleand progress bar of contrasting colour.
- Includes a new and improved power down screen with enhanced animations.
- Animation speeds and reliability are globally improved.
- Icons within the Settings app have been redesigned to enhance consistency with homescreen icons.
- Banner notifications can now be pulled down to reveal Notification Center, unlike beta 4 which was noticeably buggy.
- Blurs and transparency effects are tweaked.
- Control Center can now be disabled in apps.
- Phone app gets some button changes on the dial screen.
- Skype is now compatible with iOS 7 beta 5.
iOS 7 Beta 5 Download Links for Developers (Registered UDID)
Here are the direct download links for iOS 7 Beta 5 for registered iOS users and Apple recognised developers:
- iPad (4th generation Model A1458)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1459)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1460)
- iPad mini (Model A1432)
- iPad mini (Model A1454)
- iPad mini (Model A1455)
- iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation)
- iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for ATT)
- iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for Verizon)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1428)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1429)
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4 (GSM Rev A)
- iPhone 4 (GSM)
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
- iPod touch (5th generation)
iOS 7 Beta 5 Download Links for Non-Developers (Without UDID)
- iPhone 5 GSM (Model A1428) (LINK)
- iPhone 5 CDMA (Model A1429) (LINK)
- iPhone 4S (LINK)
- iPhone 4 (GSM Rev A (8GB) (LINK)
- iPhone 4 (GSM) (LINK)
- iPhone 4 (CDMA) (LINK)
- iPod touch (5th generation) (LINK)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1458) (LINK)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1459) (LINK)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1460) (LINK)
- iPad mini Wifi (Model A1432) (LINK)
- iPad mini Wifi+Cellular ATT (Model A1454) (LINK)
- iPad mini Wifi + Cellular Verizon (Model A1455) (LINK)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi (LINK)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for ATT) (LINK)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for Verizon) (LINK)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A) (LINK)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (LINK)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM) (LINK)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA) (LINK)
iOS users who have already updated their devices to iOS 7 Beta or Beta 4 can proceed with the Beta 5 update, using our guide given below (Courtesy of Jailbreak Nation)
How to Install iOS 7 Beta 5 Without UDID or Registered Developer Account
- Back up your important data on iOS device via iTunes
- Download iOS 7 Beta 5 for your device
- Connect your device to computer (PC or Mac) via USB cable
- Launch iTunes and hit alt + shift key (in Windows) or Command + Option (on Mac OS) and then click update button.
- Browse and locate the iOS 7 Beta 5 IPSW file you downloaded earlier and click on update.
NOTE: Users who want to restore their stock firmware after upgrading to iOS 7 Beta 5 can follow our guide to Downgrade iOS 7 Beta to more stable iOS 6 versions.
Important Update: Those who have already installed iOS 7 Beta 5 can directly update their device to iOS 7 Beta 6 via Over-The-Air (OTA) update and there is no need to manually download or install the same via external links or developer account. Go to Settings > General > Software update and tap Download and Install.
Get a glimpse of the feature changes ported into iOS 7 Beta 5 in the demo video below (courtesy of Redmond Pie):