Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has claimed the club are yet to decide whether to offer Dani Alves a new deal amid reports claiming Manchester United are closely monitoring the situation.
The Brazil international has been a regular for the La Liga giants since his £23.5m ($36.3m) move from Sevilla in 2008 but with only four months remaining on his current contract at Barcelona, he can move to another club as a free agent.
His agent Dinorah Santana recently revealed she has been in contact with other teams regarding a summer move as the player understand Barcelona are not interested in keeping him in the squad, with the club yet to offer him an extension.
"We have received some offers. Dani is listening to offers. We're speaking with teams and gathering information," she said.
"We're more sad than disappointed with Barca, the club hasn't approached us at all, while we've been waiting for their call."
Now Barcelona's president has confirmed the club still do not know whether the 31-year-old full-back will remain at the Camp Nou next season even though they are unable to sign a replacement for the Brazilian during the summer due to a Fifa ban.
"We are already planning next year with Rexach and Braida [sporting directors] and other officials. They are working. I don't know whether Alves will renew his contract, we will have time to discuss that. I don't know if he will stay but we cannot registered players until January 1, 2016," Bartomeu said to Spanish Radio Station RNE.
Catalan-based newspaper Sport recently revealed Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal had already made an approach to Alves and even assured that his agent was expected to fly to Manchester this month to discuss a move to Old Trafford.
Now reports claim the Brazil international may snub the Premier League giants for Juventus but earlier this season, the right-back claimed should he leave Barcelona, he would like to have an experience in England.