Manchester United vs AFC Bournemouth - Abandoned

Swansea City 1-1 Manchester City


Well this was not the end to the afternoon I expected to be writing about when we kicked off at 1:30pm. Nine of our 10 Premier League games have come to a conclusion, but one match never began after Manchester United's game against Bournemouth was abandoned.

We're going to draw an end to our coverage of this final day of the Premier League. We'll have all the updates from Old Trafford as the news breaks through the coming days, including news over when the game will be replayed. Until then however, goodbye.


Full time: Swansea 1-1 Manchester City

Manchester City have all but secured qualification for next season's Champions League with a draw at Swansea. Kelechi Iheanacho netting before Andre Ayew's equaliser. Manuel Pellegrini's spell at City ends with a draw and baring a huge win for Manchester United when they play AFC Bournemouth, Pep Guardiola will arrieve at the Etihad Stadium with top tier European football to play for.


Into stoppage time at the Liberty Stadium where Manchester City look like they're going to hold on. Been a thoroughly uninspiring second half this.


BREAKING NEWS: Controlled explosion carried out at Old Trafford


Bacary Sagna receiving treatment for a twisted knee on the far touchline. Bit a worry, with the European Championships coming up in the summer.


Manchester United's players are individually leaving Old Trafford via escorts and being taken to their cars. Bournemouth's players and their team coach remains for now.


Latest update from Greater Manchester Police


Samir Nasri comes on for Iheanacho, who has been guilty of several misses during this second half. City grinding this one out at the moment, with Swansea not giving up despite the game meaning nothing to them.


City have coasted their way through this game but they are making a real meal of it with a quarter of it remaining. Swansea are by no means on their holidays just yet, keeping Sergio Aguero and Kevin de Bruyne very quiet.


A further update on the item found at Old Trafford. Mobile phone strapped to gas pipe.


Tweet from Stan Collymore, reporting for Talksport from Old Trafford


Reports coming out of Manchester now suggesting the erogenous item was a mobile phone strapped to some pipping in a toilet facility. The military have been called in at Old Trafford.


The game is back under way at the Liberty Stadium where it remains Swansea 1-1 Manchester City. With results as they are, United will slip down to seventh with the game at Bournemouth still to come. No doubt they will want the game to be played now.



Statement from the Premier League. Match will be rearranged "as soon as practically possible".


We await confirmation from the police, but it would be fair to assume a controlled explosion will take place, very likely, inside Old Trafford. No one could have imagined this scenario at the start of the day.


The bomb squad have arrived at Old Trafford. A 100m cordon has been deployed meaning no-one is allowed within the perimeter of the stadium. Early reports suggesting any replaying of this game will take place after the FA Cup final on 21 May.


Senior police officer at Old Trafford: "The current threat level of terrorism remains 'severe.'"


Goal: Swansea 1-1 Manchester City (Andre Ayew)

City have been totally on top in this first half but they go into half time level. Andre Jordan curls a free-kick from 30 yards goalwards and it takes a massive deflection off Fernando and flies beyond Joe Hart.


So let's round up what has happened at Old Trafford this afternoon. The match between Manchester United and AFC Bournemouth has been abandoned due to a suspect package being discovered in the north-west quadrant of the stadium. Fans in the Stretford End and Sir Alex Ferguson Stands were initially evacuated before the game was called off following discussions between senior United officials and police.

Reports are emanating from the ground that a bomb disposal unit has been called to Old Trafford, where a controlled explosion may need to take place. The media in attendance have been told to leave. The players remain in the dressing rooms.


Few more details emerging from Old Trafford. Reports are emerging that the bomb squad has been called to tend to a mobile phone device found in the north west quadrant. There may need to be a controlled explosion, which would explain why the whole stadium - including media - has been evacuated. The players remain in the dressing rooms, meanwhile.


Iheanacho should make it two for City, but he curls hopelessly over. City comfortable but they would love a second to cement this lead.


The media have now been told to leave Old Trafford. There is still no news regarding the suspect package or whether it has been dealt with.