Valentino Rossi clinched pole for the 2016 Japanese Grand Prix after clocking the fastest time during the qualifying session at Twin Ring Motegi on Saturday. It is for the second time in a row that the Yamaha rider has clinched pole as his teammate Jorge Lorenzo started last year's race from the front.
Where to watch live
The race starts at 6am BST with live coverage in the UK available on BT Sport 2 and BT Sport 2 HD. Real-time internet updates will be available on MotoGP's official website.
Rossi has managed to clinch his 64th pole position of his career and has now equalled Marc Marquez and Lorenzo's record number of poles. The nine-time world champion clocked a time of 1:43.954s in the qualifying session on Saturday.
Marquez was 0.180s behind the Italian rider and the championship leader will be looking for nothing less than a win on Sunday's race. Rossi's Yamaha teammate, Lorenzo was the third fastest during the qualifying after clocking a time of 1:44.221s.
Rossi will lock horns with Marquez and Lorenzo for the front grid of the 2016 Japanese Grand Prix. Ducati's Andrea Dovizioso was fourth, while Britain star and LCR rider Cal Crutchlow was fifth with a time of 1:44.402s.
Top 10 qualifying times from Twin Ring Motegi:
1. Valentino Rossi (Ita) Yamaha 1:43.954s
2. Marc Marquez (Esp) Honda 1:44.134s
3. Jorge Lorenzo (Esp) Yamaha 1:44.221s
4. Andrea Dovizioso (Ita) Ducati 1:44.294s
5. Cal Crutchlow (GBR) LCR 1:44.402s
6. Aleix Espargaro (Esp) Suzuki 1:44.494s
7. Maverick Viñales (Esp) Suzuki1:44.539s
8. Hector Barbera (Esp) Ducati 1:44.980s
9. Pol Espargaro (Esp) Tech 3 1:45.232s
10. Danilo Petrucci (Ita) Pramac 1:45.782s