OnePlus 2 users are in for some good news as OnePlus has just started rolling out the latest Oxygen OS firmware with build number 2.1.2, which brings a bunch of bug-fixes and performance improvements to the flagship smartphone. Although the same update version 2.1.2 is being rolled out for both OnePlus 2 and OnePlus X, the feature changes seem to be quite different.
The OnePlus 2 gets an improved preview interface for the camera with various performance improvements and fixes for RAW format on third-party camera apps. Users of FV-5 camera app will be receiving a new update from the app maker to support RAW on OnePlus 2 devices, soon after the device gets the new Oxygen OS 2.1.2 OTA update.
The FV-5 camera update carrying the build number 2.79.5 will likely hit your device, just a few days after upgrading to Oxygen OS 2.1.2. The complete list of fixes and improvements ported into this update are listed below:
- Improved UX for preview in Camera
- Performance improvements on app install and launch
- Individual icon customization support
- Fixes for RAW format on 3rd party camera apps
- Russian & Turkish language support
- Lockscreen wallpaper support
- Security patches
- Bug fixes to System Update to improve OTA stability
- General bug fixes and performance improvements
Those who missed the OTA update notification or cannot install it for some reason may try installing the same manually, using the step-by-step guide provided below.
How to install Oxygen OS 2.1.2 OTA update on OnePlus 2
Method 1: For non-rooted users with stock recovery
Step-1: Copy the downloaded update file to the root folder on the phone and remember the location. Alternatively, you can download the file directly to your phone.
Step-2: Reboot the phone into recovery mode
- Turn off the phone and wait for a few seconds until the screen shuts down completely
- Press and hold the Power and Volume buttons together until some text appears on the screen
- Using the Volume button, scroll down to the recovery mode option
- Hit the Power button to select it and your phone will now boot into recovery mode
Step-3: In recovery mode, use the Volume button to browse and locate 'install update' option and hit Power button to select it
Step-4: Go to the folder where you have saved the downloaded Oxygen OS 2.1.2 file, select it and confirm installation
Note: If the OTA file fails to install using this method, you may try flashing the 2.1.1 full ROM (using method 2 below) before retrying the OTA installation. This should fix any problems.
Step-5: Once you confirm the action, the update should start installing automatically
Step-6: Wait until the installation completes and then select Reboot system now to restart the phone
Your OnePlus 2 should now be running the latest Oxygen OS 2.1.2.
Method 2: For rooted users with TWRP Recovery
- Download the Full ROM zip file of Oxygen OS 2.1.1 (don't unzip or extract) Note: Full ROM zip for 2.1.2 is not yet available. So, you need to keep the older version for the time being.
- Download SuperSU to get the root access on your phone.
- Once both the files are saved on your PC move both the downloaded files on your Phone root folder.
- Boot your phone in TWRP recovery
- Select Wipe option > Advanced Wipe > Select Dalvik Cache, System and Cache & Swipe to Wipe
- Go back to the main menu, Select Install & Flash the Oxygen OS Zip file.
- Flash the SuperSU zip file to gain the root access on your phone.
- Flash any mods that you may have like Xposed etc
- Reboot System
[Source: OnePlus Forum]