Sony is rolling out a new build of Android Marshmallow for its Xperia range devices such as all the phones of Xperia Z5 family (Z5, Z5 Premium and Z5 Compact), Z4 Tablet, Z3+ and its dual SIM variant.
Bearing build version 32.2.A.0.305, the update is based on Android 6.0.1 and bundles August security patch for the Xperia phones and tablet. Apart from that users should notice the following system improvements:
All of the latest performance updates
The latest security enhancements
Improved handling of Bluetooth-connected devices
If you have not installed the previous update, this release includes all features and improvements;
- New Stamina mode
- Improved sound handling
- Enhanced privacy settings: manage and control your application data permissions
- All new camera interface: switch between modes and customise settings with simple gestures
- Smart battery life: stay active for longer, with Doze and App Standby
- Xperia Messaging: express yourself and get creative with easy in-app access to Stickers.
- Direct Share: share activities with friends, recent contacts and app lists
Users can install the latest update from the notification panel of your phone directly. All they need to do is drag the status bar from up to down to launch the notification pane. Then scroll down and select the system update and tap Download. Once the download is complete, open Notification panel and tap Install. Now just follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.