Users of HTC One M7 having subscribed to Verizon's wireless network services can check their handsets for the Android 5.0 (Lollipop) OS update, which is seeding in the US.
Verizon announced the roll-out saying that users can check for the Lollipop bearing baseband version number 188.8.131.529.
The OS update will be available to Verizon's HTC One M7 users via over-the-air (OTA) mechanism. If you have received a notification of the firmware upgrade do let us know about it in comments section below.
Enhancements brought along by the Lollipop update?
Android Lollipop OS update brings along the following newer aspects, to Verizon-driven HTC One (M7) smartphones:
- Material Design: A bold, colourful, and responsive UI design for consistent, intuitive experiences across devices.
- Notifications: View and respond to messages directly from your lock screen. Includes the ability to hide sensitive content for these notifications.
- Battery Saver feature: The new feature extends the device's battery life by up to 90 minutes.
- Enhanced security: Use Android Smart Lock to secure your phone or tablet by pairing it with a trusted device like your wearable or car.
- Device Sharing: Multiple users for phones.
- New Quick Settings: Enables users to get to the most frequently used settings with just two swipes down from the top of the screen.
- Connectivity: Improved network handoffs resulting in limited interruption in connectivity
- Android TV: Support for TV devices.
- OK Google: Talk to Google on the go to get quick answers, send a text, get directions and more.
The Android Lollipop can be searched for manually and installed as well. All you a need to do is navigate to Settings > About Phone > System updates > Check for Updates and follow the onscreen instructions.