If you are a user of Samsung's Galaxy Tab S 10.5 having subscribed to AT&T's wireless network services in the US, look out for Android 5.0 (Lollipop) OS update that is now on an active rollout path across the States.
AT& has also officially announced the rollout of Android Lollipop OS update to owners of Galaxy Tab S 10.5, bearing model number T807A; users of Samsung's slate should get to see the latest firmware upgrade automatically via over-the-air (OTA).
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 users can check for Android Lollipop and let us know, in our comments section below, regarding the software update's rollout status.
What's new with Lollipop?
Android Lollipop brings along a range of both carrier-specific as well as a generic set of features as detailed below:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 users should observe an updated Quick Settings.
- Additional animations are also added by Android 5.0, for Galaxy Tab S 10.5 tablets
- Improved notifications also brought along by Lollipop.
- Device Protection: More protection for lost/stolen devices. Lost or stolen device will remain locked until user signs in with their Google account; even if someone erases the device using the factory data reset option in settings.
Generic list of enhancements brought along by Android Lollipop, for Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5:
- Material Design UI: Material design offers fluid animations, vivid coloured themes and 3D-Views.
- Improved Lockscreen: Shortcuts for both Phone and Camera are provided, along with Material Design-inspired notifications.
- Touchwiz: Brighter look and feel, bold colours, fluid animation inspired by Material Design.
- Floating Action Button: Floating action buttons provide easy access to the app's most important features, such as adding a new contact or favourite, or composing a text message.
- Interruptions: Priority notifications such as events and reminders, phone calls, and messages can be set up to sound or vibrate while all other notifications are muted.
- Recents: Easy access to your Chrome tabs right from the Recent apps page. Multi-window icons for ease of use during multi-tasking.
- Battery Saver: A battery saver feature that extends device use by up to 90 minutes.
- "OK Google" voice command: Talk to Google on the go to get quick answers, send a text, get directions and more.
- Connectivity: Improved network selection logic so that your device connects only if there is a verified internet connection on Wi-Fi.
- Security: SELinux enforcing for all applications means even better protection against vulnerabilities and malware. The Android Smart Lock secures your phone or tablet by pairing it with a trusted device like your wearable or even your car.