L-Droid custom firmware is based on SlimROMs AOSP sources with various sources picked from other developers. The ROM comes with numerous customisation and tweaks without affecting the battery performance of the device. The latest build of L-Droid ROM integrates Android 4.4.4 update and offers fast and stable performance.
- Active display
- Gesture anywhere
- Lock screen notifications
- SlimRoms navigation bar
- Floating window multi-tasking [WIP]
- QS drawer and ribbons
- Fully customisable status bar (clock, battery, icons, colour)
- Breathing notifications
- 8 lock screen targets
- Lock screen shortcuts
- Customisable notification panel header
- App sidebar
- Circle app bar
- Driving mode
- Customisable recents panel (SlimRecents or stock recents)
- Complete animation control
- Battery saver mode
- Wakelock blocker
- Integrated Xposed frameworks
- Init.d control
- Build.prop control
- On the go
- Bootloop with Googy max kernel 2
- Current bootloop with ART
Head over to the development thread to know more about the L-Doid ROM, which adds support for Samsung third generation Galaxy S smartphone bearing model number GT-I9300.
Galaxy S3 users who wish experience the latest KitKat software using L-Droid ROM, may follow the installation guide.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device. Before following the installation guide, users are advised to verify their devices meet following requirements.
- Install USB Drivers for Galaxy S3 to transfer files between the Android device and the computer.
- Enable USB Debugging on the phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>> About phone. Tap on Build Number several times until a message appears saying 'You are now a Developer.' Now enable USB Debugging Mode by navigating to Settings>> Developer Options.]
- As the tutorial might wipe out all data of the phone, create backup. If the device is having any custom recovery such as ClockworkMod or, TWRP then backup data using the same.
- If the Android phone powers off due to lack of battery during the process, it could damage the device. Therefore, the Galaxy S3 should have charge above 80% battery charge.
- The phone should be rooted and have latest version of ClockworkMod recovery. [Click here for our guide to root Galaxy S3.]
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat L-Droid ROM works only with Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. As applying this to any incorrect variant might brick the device, verify the model number of Galaxy S3 by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number.
- After flashing the ROM if the device gets stuck on booting animation or experience boot loop then perform wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache for a few times before rebooting the device.
- Once the ROM is installed, users are advised to give 10 minutes to the ROM after the device boots up for the first time for better user experience.
How to install Android 4.4.4 KitKat on Galaxy S3 I9300 with L-Droid ROM
Step-1: Connect and mount Galaxy S3 USB memory on the computer using USB cable. Now copy the downloaded Android 4.4.4 ROM and Gapps zip files to the SD card of the phone. Ensure the files are in the SD card root, not in any folder
Step-2: Unplug the USB cable from the phone and switch it off
Step-3: Enter into CWM recovery mode. To do so, switch on the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together
Step-4: In recovery mode, perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe data/ factory reset. Use the Power button to select while in Recovery Mode
Step-5: Perform a cache wipe by selecting wipe cache partition
Step-6: Perform a wipe of dalvik cache. This is optional but users are recommended to do this, so that the device will not get into boot loops or any other errors. From CWM recovery, go to advanced then select wipe dalvik cache
Step-7: Return to the main recovery menu and select install zip from sdcard
Step-8: Select choose zip from sdcard. Using the Volume keys navigate to Android 4.4.4 ROM zip, which was earlier copied to the Phone's SD card. Select it using the Power button and confirm installation on the next screen
Step-9: After the ROM is installed, repeat the similar procedure to install Gapps file on the phone
Step-10: When the installation process is completed, return to the custom recovery screen and reboot the phone by selecting reboot system now
The L-Droid ROM with Android 4.4.4 features should now be installed and running on the Galaxy S3. Head over to Settings>> About phone to verify the new software version of the device.
[Source: Team Android]