The LTE model of Galaxy S3 (GT-I9305) recently received a new Android 4.3 Jelly Bean stock build with base firmware I9305XXUENA1.
The update is currently available for Galaxy S3 users in Slovenia but those having unlocked GT-I9305 models can also install the update using Odin flashing tool.
Version: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
Build date: 13 January, 2014
Those who failed to update their devices to I9305XXUENA1 Android 4.3 using either of the official methods for being region-specific may follow our step-by-step guide.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Before installing the official firmware, users are advised to verify their devices meet following requirements.
1) Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 to connect the Android device with the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone to connect it with computer and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>> Developer Options to enable USB Debugging Mode.]
3) As the tutorial is likely to wipe out all data of the phone, create a backup. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as CWM or, TWRP then backup data using the recovery.
4) If the Android device powers off due to lack of battery while the installation process, it could damage the device. Therefore, the Galaxy S3 should have above 80% battery charge.
5) The device should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
6) The phone will lose custom ROM with the installation of official firmware. Additionally, the custom recovery will be replaced by stock version.
7) The device will no longer belong to a rooted version with the installation of official firmware.
8) I9305XXUENA1 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware works only with Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305. As flashing this on any other variant might brick the device, verify the model number of Galaxy S3 by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number.
How to install I9305XXUENA1 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3 LTE (GT-I9305)
Step-1: Extract the downloaded firmware zip using winrar/7zip/winzip or any extracting tool to get a .tar.md5 file with other files
Step-2: Extract Odin zip to get Odin3 v3.07.exe
Step-3: Switch off Galaxy S3
Step-4: Boot the phone into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until the construction Android robot icon with a warning triangle appears on the phone screen. Now press the Volume Up button to continue to enter Download Mode
Step-5: Run Odin3 v3.07.exe as Administrator
Step-6: Connect the Galaxy S3 to computer using USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the phone is connected successfully an Added message will appear under Odin. Also, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn blue with the COM port number, indicating successful connection
Note: If the Added message does not come then try another USB port, try the one located at the back side of the computer. If Odin still fails to recognise the device then re-install USB driver.
Step-7: Select these files extracted from I9305XXUENA1folder to install on the phone
a) Click the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file
b) Click the Phone button and select file with MODEM in its name
c) Click the CSC button and select file with CSC in its name
d) Click the PIT button and select the .pit file
Note: Ignore the last three steps (step-b, c and d) if such files do not exist.
Step-8: Verify Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin. Uncheck Re-Partition option and select it only when a .pit file is used
Step-9: Click the Start button in Odin. The installation process should begin now and would take about few minutes
Step-10: When the installation process is completed, the phone will restart automatically and soon a PASS message with green background will appear in the extreme left box at the very top of Odin. Unplug the USB cable safely from the phone to disconnect it from the computer
Galaxy S3 LTE should now be updated with I9305XXUENA1 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean latest firmware. Head over to Settings>> About phone to verify the new software version of the device.
How to fix bootloop issue
After flashing the firmware, if the Galaxy S3 gets stuck at boot animation or bootloop (after step-10) then place the device in recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together. In recovery mode, perform data wiping task by selecting Wipe data/factory reset then select Wipe Cache Partition. Now reboot the phone by selecting reboot system now. In recovery mode, use Volume keys to scroll between options and Power button to select the desired option. Performing wiping task will erase the phone's internal memory data.
[Source: Honai of Android]