The LTE variant of Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9305) recently received a latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean build with base firmware I9305XXUEML5. The update is rolled out to a few European countries.
Users can grab the new firmware via Samsung Kies and as OTA update. Those who failed to update their Galaxy S3 using either of the official methods for being region specific, may follow our step-by-step guide. The I9305XXUEML5 is, a carrier-branded firmware, for Everything Everywhere subscribers in the UK.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Before installing the official firmware, users are advised to verify that their devices meet following requirements.
1) Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 to connect the Android device with the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone to connect it with computer and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>> Developer Options to enable USB Debugging Mode.]
3) As the tutorial is likely to wipe all data of the phone, create a backup. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as CWM/TWRP installed then backup data using the recovery.
4) If the Android device powers off due to lack of battery while the installation process, it could damage the device. Therefore, the Galaxy S3 should have above 80% battery charge.
5) The device should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
6) The phone will lose custom ROM with the installation of official firmware. Additionally, the custom recovery such as ClockworkMod/TWRP will be replaced by stock recovery.
7) The device will no longer belong to a rooted version with the installation of official firmware.
8) I9305XXUEML5 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware works only with Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305. As flashing this on any other variant might brick the device, verify the model number of Galaxy S3 by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number.
Files to download
I9305XXUEML5 Android 4.3 [File name: I9305XXUEML5_I9305EVRGML3_EVR.zip]
How to install I9305XXUEML5 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE
Step-1: Extract Odin zip file (Using 7-zip or any other extracting file) on the computer to get Odin3 v3.09.exe
Step-2: Extract the downloaded firmware zip to get I9305XXUEML5_I9305EVRGML3_I9305XXUEMK1_HOME.tar.md5
Step-3: Transfer the .tar.md5 firmware file in the same folder in which you extracted Odin3 v3.09.zip
Step-4: Disconnect the Galaxy S3 from the computer if it is connected
Step-5: Double click on Odin3 v3.09.exe file to open Odin
Step-6: Boot the phone into Download Mode. For that switch off the Galaxy S3 and wait for 5-6 seconds after the display goes off. Press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together until you see a warning screen. Now press Volume Up button to continue to Download Mode
Step-7: Connect the phone to the computer using USB cable. When the phone is connected successfully, an Added message will appear in Odin window
Note: If the Added message does not appear, do these following,
a) Ensure that you have installed driver for Galaxy S3.
b) If you have already installed driver, then uninstall them and reinstall back.
c) Use a different USB port on the computer.
d) Also try different USB cable.
e) Reboot the phone and computer and then try again.
Step-8: Click on the AP button on Odin and select I9305XXUEML5_I9305EVRGML3_I9305XXUEMK1_HOME.tar.md5
Step-9: In the Option box in Odin, ensure Re-Partition box is unchecked. But Auto-Reboot and F.Reset Time boxes remain checked
Step-10: Double check everything and click the Start button to begin firmware installation on the phone. Wait until you see a PASS message in Odin's top left box
Step-11: When the installation process is completed, a PASS message will appear. The phone will then restart automatically. Now safely disconnect the phone from the computer
Note: If you get FAIL message instead of PASS in Odin, disconnect the phone from computer, remove the phone's battery and reinsert it, open Odin and repeat the procedure from step-3.
If the device is stuck at setup connection or any other process, disconnect the phone from computer, close Odin, remove the phone's battery and put it back. Open Odin and then repeat the guide from step-3 again.
[Source: Android Soul]